5/22 game thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/22 game thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Got to get the bats out. Harvey is getting comfortable. Go after him now. Make him work for it.
JollyRoger

5/22 game thread

Post by JollyRoger »

After 3 losses to the Padres; we needed a shutdown performance by Taillon. Very disappointing start tonight. We need an ace, a stopper
Kovalwat

5/22 game thread

Post by Kovalwat »

Harvey is cruising.
SteadyFreddy

5/22 game thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Well this one is over now. Another not so good start for Taillon. The last 4 games have turned into a disaster for the Pirates. Better right the ship these last two games against the Reds before the tough stretch against the Cards and Cubs begins. Going 1-4 so far against the Padres and Reds so far in this 7 game stretch is just not good enough.
Ecbucs

5/22 game thread

Post by Ecbucs »

416467677259646C6E790B0 wrote: Is there a rule somewhere that forbids the pitchers to run out a ground ball? Taillon jogs to first on a ground ball to the infield. Most pitchers do the same. They don’t even put any pressure on the infielder to make a good throw. The excuse for a pitcher to conserve his energy for the mound is hogwash. Every player should hustle downthe line.

Meanwhile as I type this Taillon gives up a grand slam. Not an ace yet.

maybe he can be at least another Gerrit Cole. He has the stuff and seems to work hard at his craft.  Gotta hope he can become an ace soon.

So far Harvey is pitching like it is 2015 again.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/22 game thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

557372657363100 wrote: Is there a rule somewhere that forbids the pitchers to run out a ground ball? Taillon jogs to first on a ground ball to the infield. Most pitchers do the same. They don’t even put any pressure on the infielder to make a good throw. The excuse for a pitcher to conserve his energy for the mound is hogwash. Every player should hustle downthe line.

maybe he can be at least another Gerrit Cole. He has the stuff and seems to work hard at his craft.  Gotta hope he can become an ace soon.

Hire the Astros’ pitching staff to run a pitching academy for Professor Ray and our entire staff.
Kovalwat

5/22 game thread

Post by Kovalwat »

604647504656250 wrote: Is there a rule somewhere that forbids the pitchers to run out a ground ball? Taillon jogs to first on a ground ball to the infield. Most pitchers do the same. They don’t even put any pressure on the infielder to make a good throw. The excuse for a pitcher to conserve his energy for the mound is hogwash. Every player should hustle downthe line.

---

Another Gerrit Cole??? Great, another salary dump.
SteadyFreddy

5/22 game thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Another brilliant move by Polanco not calling that pop up to right field and almost plowing over JHay. Like I been saying before with Meadows up now and looking good thus far my patience with Polanco both in the plate and on the field is just about done.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/22 game thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Jamison ERA now up to 5.60.

This simply doesn’t make sense. I’m losing confidence in the Pirates handling of their rotation.
Kovalwat

5/22 game thread

Post by Kovalwat »

Meadows puts one in the seats, 6-2 Reds.