The Playoffs Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Glasnow works as the opener, was confined to one time through the batting order on two days rest, goes 2 1/3 no hits, 2BB no runs.

Cole through 4 innings of no hit ball, 2 BB and a HBP, another runner reaching on an error. Rays have the bases loaded in the first inning, Cole with a called strike 3 on a 3-2 count.

Wish I didn't have to work.
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Tampa Bay goes a record number of batters without a hit, broken up, unbelievably, as Austin Meadows ties the game with a HR off Gerrit Cole.

The Piratecentrics of this game are just so amazing.
Roberto218

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Roberto218 »

Think of what could have been! Then have a beverage!
ChillinStation

The Playoffs Thread

Post by ChillinStation »

Boom !!! Rays just seem to always come up big . They draft , develop , and fleece teams on trades . And every 4-5 years they are in a WS position . I may just become a Rays fan . :-/

Glad to see Cole not get the win . He went thru the motions last 2 years as Pirate.
ChillinStation

The Playoffs Thread

Post by ChillinStation »

Also we need to keep Moran . I think he will bust out next year . He has always been a slow mover thru the ranks . Next season he puts it all together at 1B.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Playoffs Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Brosseau's at bat in the 8th inning brought back memories of Bernie Carbo's at bat in the sixth game of the '75 World Series.  Both were down 0-2 in the count and looked overmatched, but fought back to win the at bats.  No game is as great as baseball.
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wish I could have seen it live. The back story on this is just SO BASEBALL!!! Back a few weeks ago, Chapman buzzes Brosseau's gourd, a bench clearing brawl ensues. Rays have a team meeting afterwards, and say no retaliation, just beat them, that's the best revenge.

Talk about karma, poetic justice, in your face, take that, how you like me now? all rolled into one!
GreenWeenie

The Playoffs Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

257365717E64747F726557707A767E7B3974170 wrote: Brosseau's at bat in the 8th inning brought back memories of Bernie Carbo's at bat in the sixth game of the '75 World Series.  Both were down 0-2 in the count and looked overmatched, but fought back to win the at bats.  No game is as great as baseball.

As we learned this past season....depends on who's playing it.  :(((((

In truth, it's...as we were REMINDED of this year, and for the previous 40 years.....
mouse

The Playoffs Thread

Post by mouse »

The Meadows homer was incredible. Judge was at the wall and tried to jump - hit his head on some overhang and knocked himself to the ground. Worth seeing again and again.
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Glasnow starts tonight for the Rays with a chance to sweep the Astros and head to the World Series.

If it's any consolation, if he were still with us, he'd be watching the game tonight too.