Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Draft Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Luke Heimlich wasn't selected at all.
Osushawn

Draft Thread

Post by Osushawn »

Any news on signings? Haven't come across any yet.
CTBucco

Draft Thread

Post by CTBucco »

5A6660667D74627B150 wrote: Any news on signings?   Haven't come across any yet.
I've seen reports from their local papers that comp A pick Hoglund and 2nd rounder Ashcraft are both about to sign as soon as tomorrow. I've also heard that one of the late round HS OFers, Herman(?), is planning to sign. Another of them, DiGiacomo, is going to honor his commitment to LSU. But that's all so far. Nothing has been announced by the team yet, AFAIK.
fjk090852-7

Draft Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

7364724553535F300 wrote: Any news on signings?   Haven't come across any yet.
I've seen reports from their local papers that comp A pick Hoglund and 2nd rounder Ashcraft are both about to sign as soon as tomorrow.  I've also heard that one of the late round HS OFers, Herman(?), is planning to sign.  Another of them, DiGiacomo, is going to honor his commitment to LSU.  But that's all so far.  Nothing has been announced by the team yet, AFAIK.
It is a little surprising that it has been a week since Day 1 of the Draft and not one player has officially signed for the Pirates. I am wondering if they are waiting until they come home this weekend to announce the signing of Swaggerty. The Pirates will bring he and his family to PNC Park to meet some of the current players and to attend a game.
CTBucco

Draft Thread

Post by CTBucco »

424E4F141D141C11160913240 wrote:

It is a little surprising that it has been a week since Day 1 of the Draft and not one player has officially signed for the Pirates. I am wondering if they are waiting until they come home this weekend to announce the signing of Swaggerty. The Pirates will bring he and his family to PNC Park to meet some of the current players and to attend a game.

Adam Berry (mlb.com) is reporting tonight that 7 guys have signed. All college draftees from rounds 4,6,7,8,10,12,& 17. Most signed right for slot. A little was saved (about $38k total) between two of the signings. No amounts reported yet for the 10th, 12th, and 17th round picks. Gotta hope they saved a decent amount on the 10th rounder. Not gonna be easy to sign all of those late round HS picks if they don't save some pool money.