December Rule 5 Draft

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

wtmjkj@verizon.net

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by wtmjkj@verizon.net »

FWIW, here's the list of players eligible for the R5 draft this year.  I can't guarantee it's 100% accurate, but I'm pretty sure it's close. (I think there were a couple of guys I missed who clearly aren't candidates to be added to the roster.)

PENDING MINOR LEAGUE FREE AGENTS (None of these guys was added and they're now all FAs, except DuRapau, who's already signed a MiL deal with Oakland.)

Pablo Reyes, UT

Adrian Valerio, SS

Montana DuRapau, RHP

Gage Hinsz, RHP

PREVIOUSLY ELIGIBLE

Christian Kelley, C

Arden Pabst, C

Raul Hernandez, C

Hunter Owen, 3B

Stephen Alemais, SS

Lolo Sanchez, OF

James Marvel, RHP

Cam Vieaux, LHP

Matt Eckelman, RHP

Samuel Reyes, RHP

Ike Schlabach, LHP

Jandel Gustave, RHP

Winston Nicacio, RHP

Oddy Nunez, LHP

Yerry De Los Santos, RHP

Cristofer Melendez, RHP

Alex Aquino, RHP

FIRST-TIME ELIGIBLE

Jason Delay, C

Deon Stafford, C

Dylan Busby, 3B

Rodolfo Castro, IF

Robbie Glendinning, SS

Francisco Acuna, SS

Chris Sharpe, OF

Bligh Madris, OF

Blake Weiman, LHP

Beau Sulser, RHP

Max Kranick, RHP

Shea Murray, RHP

Braeden Ogle, LHP

Hunter Stratton, RHP

Travis MacGregor, RHP

Noe Toribio, RHP

Alex Manasa, RHP

Osvaldo Bido, RHP

Oliver Garcia, RHP

Santiago Florez, RHP
DemDog

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by DemDog »

45465F585958724457405B485D5C1C5C5746320 wrote: FWIW, here's the list of players eligible for the R5 draft this year.  I can't guarantee it's 100% accurate, but I'm pretty sure it's close.  (I think there were a couple of guys I missed who clearly aren't candidates to be added to the roster.)

PENDING MINOR LEAGUE FREE AGENTS (None of these guys was added and they're now all FAs, except DuRapau, who's already signed a MiL deal with Oakland.)

Pablo Reyes, UT

Adrian Valerio, SS

Montana DuRapau, RHP

Gage Hinsz, RHP

PREVIOUSLY ELIGIBLE

Christian Kelley, C

Arden Pabst, C

Raul Hernandez, C

Hunter Owen, 3B

Stephen Alemais, SS

Lolo Sanchez, OF

James Marvel, RHP

Cam Vieaux, LHP

Matt Eckelman, RHP

Samuel Reyes, RHP

Ike Schlabach, LHP

Jandel Gustave, RHP

Winston Nicacio, RHP

Oddy Nunez, LHP

Yerry De Los Santos, RHP

Cristofer Melendez, RHP

Alex Aquino, RHP

FIRST-TIME ELIGIBLE

Jason Delay, C

Deon Stafford, C

Dylan Busby, 3B

Rodolfo Castro, IF

Robbie Glendinning, SS

Francisco Acuna, SS

Chris Sharpe, OF

Bligh Madris, OF

Blake Weiman, LHP

Beau Sulser, RHP

Max Kranick, RHP

Shea Murray, RHP

Braeden Ogle, LHP

Hunter Stratton, RHP

Travis MacGregor, RHP

Noe Toribio, RHP

Alex Manasa, RHP

Osvaldo Bido, RHP

Oliver Garcia, RHP

Santiago Florez, RHP

Hey Wilbur, great to hear from you here at your old stomping grounds. I read you daily over at PBN and thoroughly enjoy your articles. Thanks for sharing this list with us here at OBN. Tell Dreker that I still have my old t-shirts with the list of games between the Bucs and the Jr College team from Bradenton. They are a little small nowadays but I will keep them for posterity.
BellevueBuc

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by BellevueBuc »

1A3D3615580 wrote: Has it been announced how and when minor leaguers from contracted teams will be handled?

Short season leagues are gone. They will only have rookie leagues in Florida and Arizona. The final alignment is not decided yet, sounds like Bradenton is moving down to low A.

Not sure what you mean by the minor leaguers. They are unaffected.
BellevueBuc

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by BellevueBuc »

1A3C3D2A3C2C5F0 wrote: Has it been announced how and when minor leaguers from contracted teams will be handled?
I can't say I've read this anywhere but my guess is a lot of players will just not receive contracts creating a lot of free agents.

Teams released players in the summer. I am sure some more players will be let go, but with only a 5 round draft and delay for IFA signings, there is more openings that usual. The minor league vets are going to be squeezed out to independent leagues. The Pirates are in perfect position to sign players Bob Nutting loves.
2drfischer@gmail.c

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6D4A43434A595A4A6D5A4C2F0 wrote: Has it been announced how and when minor leaguers from contracted teams will be handled?

Short season leagues are gone.  They will only have rookie leagues in Florida and Arizona.  The final alignment is not decided yet, sounds like Bradenton is moving down to low A.

Not sure what you mean by the minor leaguers.  They are unaffected.

Except for the many who will be released and have to give up a dream they've had most of their young lives.
BellevueBuc

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by BellevueBuc »

2274627679637378756250777D71797C3E73100 wrote: Has it been announced how and when minor leaguers from contracted teams will be handled?

Short season leagues are gone.  They will only have rookie leagues in Florida and Arizona.  The final alignment is not decided yet, sounds like Bradenton is moving down to low A.

Except for the many who will be released and have to give up a dream they've had most of their young lives.

Teams already did that, and annually release players. That is not new.

The question was how and when players from contracted teams will be handled. The Pirate's Bristol team is already gone, the players on that team remain with the Pirate organization.
2drfischer@gmail.c

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

486F66666F7C7F6F487F690A0 wrote: Has it been announced how and when minor leaguers from contracted teams will be handled?

Teams already did that, and annually release players.  That is not new.

The question was how and when players from contracted teams will be handled.  The Pirate's Bristol team is already gone, the players on that team remain with the Pirate organization.

Of course players are released every year.  But multiple teams aren't contracted every year.  An entire roster of players, whether they played for the contracted team or at an upper level, will be released from each organization, along with the normal number of players who are replaced each year as the organizations weed them out in favor of better prospects.
fjk090852-7

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by fjk090852-7 »

3F3C25222322083E2D3A2132272666262D3C480 wrote: FWIW, here's the list of players eligible for the R5 draft this year.  I can't guarantee it's 100% accurate, but I'm pretty sure it's close.  (I think there were a couple of guys I missed who clearly aren't candidates to be added to the roster.)

Pablo Reyes, UT

Adrian Valerio, SS

Montana DuRapau, RHP

Gage Hinsz, RHP

PREVIOUSLY ELIGIBLE

Christian Kelley, C

Arden Pabst, C

Raul Hernandez, C

Hunter Owen, 3B

Stephen Alemais, SS

Lolo Sanchez, OF

James Marvel, RHP

Cam Vieaux, LHP

Matt Eckelman, RHP

Samuel Reyes, RHP

Ike Schlabach, LHP

Jandel Gustave, RHP

Winston Nicacio, RHP

Oddy Nunez, LHP

Yerry De Los Santos, RHP

Cristofer Melendez, RHP

Alex Aquino, RHP

FIRST-TIME ELIGIBLE

Jason Delay, C

Deon Stafford, C

Dylan Busby, 3B

Rodolfo Castro, IF

Robbie Glendinning, SS

Francisco Acuna, SS

Chris Sharpe, OF

Bligh Madris, OF

Blake Weiman, LHP

Beau Sulser, RHP

Max Kranick, RHP

Shea Murray, RHP

Braeden Ogle, LHP

Hunter Stratton, RHP

Travis MacGregor, RHP

Noe Toribio, RHP

Alex Manasa, RHP

Osvaldo Bido, RHP

Oliver Garcia, RHP

Santiago Florez, RHP
Now only 4 days until the winter roster is set. Guessing that at least three or four players on the current roster will be designated and Kranick and Castro will be added, and one or two open spots will remain for additions either through Rule 5 or trade.
BellevueBuc

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by BellevueBuc »

257365717E64747F726557707A767E7B3974170 wrote: Has it been announced how and when minor leaguers from contracted teams will be handled?

Teams already did that, and annually release players.  That is not new.

The question was how and when players from contracted teams will be handled.  The Pirate's Bristol team is already gone, the players on that team remain with the Pirate organization.

Of course players are released every year.  But multiple teams aren't contracted every year.  An entire roster of players, whether they played for the contracted team or at an upper level, will be released from each organization, along with the normal number of players who are replaced each year as the organizations weed them out in favor of better prospects.

Again, this already happened. These teams were eliminated months ago and teams knew about it for even longer. The Bristol team being eliminated just means players will stay in Bradenton longer. There was only a 5 round draft this year, so many of those players that would have been cut never existed in organizations.
BellevueBuc

December Rule 5 Draft

Post by BellevueBuc »

6E6263383138303D3A253F080 wrote:

Now only 4 days until the winter roster is set. Guessing that at least three or four players on the current roster will be designated and Kranick and Castro will be added, and one or two open spots will remain for additions either through Rule 5 or trade.

I could see them dropping more than 4, maybe closer to 10. For some reason Rob B thinks Bell is in trouble which makes no sense.

Osuna, Gonzalez, Williams, Poppen, Feliz, Bashlor, Fulmer and Turley would be an easy 8 to cut.