JT Riddle Now a Pirate

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7A616C6D646867090 wrote: After signing Maile, who hit .151 last year, Riddle's .189 last year must have looked too good to pass up. :)

:)

______

Why would Cherington acquire Riddle instead of Matt Adams?  I thought he was seeing what he has?

Correct. He's waiting to see what he has. You're finally getting it. Those remedial classes must be helping.
WildwoodDave

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by WildwoodDave »

153931363D1A2D3B2B580 wrote: BC has signed JT Riddle as a free agent.  Major league deal.

While he is 28 and has quite a few at-bats with the Marlins, frankly, I have no recollection of him. 

MLB Trade Rumors notes that he also can play CF, although his prime position is SS.   Not much with the stick.
wonderful, the bucs have about 5 guys who they say can play SS.
Ecbucs

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by Ecbucs »

417F7A726179797252776073160 wrote: BC has signed JT Riddle as a free agent.  Major league deal.

While he is 28 and has quite a few at-bats with the Marlins, frankly, I have no recollection of him. 

MLB Trade Rumors notes that he also can play CF, although his prime position is SS.   Not much with the stick.

every pennant winning team has a player like Riddle or Egon. The Bucs are trying to corner the market and then sell high on these guys. :D
Bobster21

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by Bobster21 »

5E78796E78681B0 wrote: BC has signed JT Riddle as a free agent.  Major league deal.

every pennant winning team has a player like Riddle or Egon.  The Bucs are trying to corner the market and then sell high on these guys. :D
They usually corner the market on AAAA utility infielders. Now that's how you win championships!
Ecbucs

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by Ecbucs »

735E53424554430300310 wrote: BC has signed JT Riddle as a free agent.  Major league deal.

every pennant winning team has a player like Riddle or Egon.  The Bucs are trying to corner the market and then sell high on these guys. :D
They usually corner the market on AAAA utility infielders. Now that's how you win championships!

yeah, releasing Jake Elmore could come back to haunt them.
Lecom

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by Lecom »

I like JT. He had a really good Spring and seems to be the utility player they will need. I don't like him well enough to trade Frazier however.
Lecom

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by Lecom »

613721353A20303B362113343E323A3F7D30530 wrote: After signing Maile, who hit .151 last year, Riddle's .189 last year must have looked too good to pass up. :)

______

Why would Cherington acquire Riddle instead of Matt Adams?  I thought he was seeing what he has?

Correct.  He's waiting to see what he has.  You're finally getting it.  Those remedial classes must be helping.

Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me we already know what we have. I think BC knows what he has also.

Surgnbuck

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by Surgnbuck »

765F5955573A0 wrote: After signing Maile, who hit .151 last year, Riddle's .189 last year must have looked too good to pass up. :)

______

Correct.  He's waiting to see what he has.  You're finally getting it.  Those remedial classes must be helping.

Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me we already know what we have. I think BC knows what he has also.

He may know what he has. But are they who he thinks they are?
GreenWeenie

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by GreenWeenie »

Just like that, Cherington went from Do Nothing to Don't Do Much.
fjk090852-7

JT Riddle Now a Pirate

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read that Riddle is on IL with a right abdomen strain. When he recovers, and spends some time in Altoona he will probably be added to the 26 man roster. I am a Cole Tucker fan, but I sure hope he can hit MLB pitching. in the past two games with Cleveland he fanned 5 straight times. I hope that is not a red flag.