Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Kovalwat

5/4 game thread. Kingham vs Brewers

Post by Kovalwat »

Oh No, here come the LMG's.
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

There is an insurance run for the Bucs 6-4 in the 9th. :)
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

Get 2!!!
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

As the gunner used to say We had'em all the way. ;D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Raise It.

Good bounce back against the first place Brewers.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Nice way to start this series. Bucs now 9-2 versus the division so fa this season. Got a feeling Taillon will get it going tomorrow finally and we can get the first two in this series. Still a chance to salvage this road trip I think in Milwaukee and against the White Sox in Chicago before coming home to play 15 of the next 18 games at PNC Park to close out May.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Mark me down as suporting Freese starting at first for 3-4 days and Bell sitting down for a while.

Let Dickerson bat 4th and get Bell on the bench.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Marte deserved a HR one way or another last night. You couldn’t hit a ball any further in that park without it going over the fence. It was more exciting watching him fly around the bases.

As I watched Kingham, and my mind wondered a bit, I thought I was watching former #1 draft pick Andy Benes pitch. They look remarkably alike both in still photos and in their deliveries. Kingham had good success again working the corners. Two games in he looks pretty good.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

17103C2B3D5E0 wrote: Marte deserved a HR one way or another last night.  You couldn’t hit a ball any further in that park without it going over the fence.  It was more exciting watching him fly around the bases.

As I watched Kingham, and my mind wondered a bit, I thought I was watching former #1 draft pick Andy Benes pitch.  They look remarkably alike both in still photos and in their deliveries.   Kingham had good success again working the corners.  Two games in he looks pretty good.

Excellent control. 12.1 IP, 1 BB, 16 Ks. My only concern is that he leaves a lot of balls right over the plate. The Cards didn't do anything with those pitches and usually took them. Maybe they were trying to drive up his pitch count. Looked like the Brewers had watched film and weren't going to let those pitches go by. Two crushed HRs and another that barely went foul. But he throws enough strikes that he gets ahead and gets Ks on the low and away stuff that batters are afraid to lay off with 2 strikes. There's a lot to like with Kingham so far.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Have been impressed by Kingham so far in his two games. Will me more impressed with how he rebounds from a terrible game. That will help tell you what kind of pitcher he is.