Official Game Thread - 4/11 - Bucs vs Cubbies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

577A77666170672724150 wrote: Evans needs to stay in the lineup when Hayes returns period. If they aren’t gonna take Polanco out the lineup in RF the next option would be to move Reynolds to center field and play Evans in Left. The bottom line is he has to be in the lineup now everyday somewhere.
I remember when his name came up early in Spring Training I said that he certainly didn't impress me  and was a bench player at best. So far he certainly has proven me wrong
During ST he didn't even seem like a sure bet to make the team. And it seemed like he made it because of his versatility off the bench. Not because he was perceived to be an impact player. In ST they said the CF job was up for grabs and that Reynolds was a possibility there. Which would have opened up LF for Evans if they had wanted. But they seemed to prefer Alford/Fowler in CF which left Evans on the bench. But Hayes' injury made a starter of Evans and I think they have to see that it's his bat they need in the lineup and not Alford/Fowler. I think when Hayes returns, Reynolds slides over to CF with Evans in LF.

And then do you know who they can slide over into right? Andy Anybody.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Difo goes deep fo' a HR!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

143934252233246467560 wrote:

Difo goes deep fo' a HR!

There goes the old ticker, need some nitro now that Difo must have some nitro in his bat today. :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Looks like 2019 Reynolds is back. :)
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This has been a nice bounce back for what it’s worth these last 2 games with the Cubs. They had to stop the bleeding here somehow after that horrible series in Cincy and that tough loss here on opening day. I just don’t think the NL Central is all that good. I think that will go a long way to keeping the Pirates from being historically bad this year. They are gonna win some games and some series on occasion like they are gonna do against the Cubs this weekend that will keep them from losing the 115-120 games that many people continue to predict they will do.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

First series win of the year. Good work, boys. Love it coming over the Cubs.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1E485E4A455F4F44495E6C4B414D4540024F2C0 wrote: First series win of the year. Good work, boys. Love it coming over the Cubs.
It's nice to be on the good side of a poor Trevor Williams outing.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

527564606578477364656578010 wrote: This has been a nice bounce back for what it’s worth these last 2 games with the Cubs. They had to stop the bleeding here somehow after that horrible series in Cincy and that tough loss here on opening day. I just don’t think the NL Central is all that good. I think that will go a long way to keeping the Pirates from being historically bad this year. They are gonna win some games and some series on occasion like they are gonna do against the Cubs this weekend that will keep them from losing the 115-120 games that many people continue to predict they will do.
Let's all raise it!!
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

YES!!!!!! Sure makes me feel better. Two solid wins. Only 3 runs given up in 18 innings.

Dare say 3 in a row [smiley=beer.gif]