Pirates v SD: redemption tour continues; game 3

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

The mystery of Jamison Tallion continues.

What has happened to him?!
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Moran slam and we're going to win the series
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

See the game of baseball is just stacked against us. We need to play the pads, Mets and reds more often and everything will be pretty good
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Watch a ball, watch a strike, watch a ball, watch a strike, watch a ball, hit a home run. Diaz cracks the code.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

787F69616F783F334A6D676B6366246965670A0 wrote: The mystery of Jamison Tallion continues.   

Actually, his previous 6 starts were pretty decent. In those games he had a 3.13 ERA and BA against of .232 and threw 67% strikes. I thought he had turned the corner but today was awful.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: The mystery of Jamison Tallion continues.   

Actually, his previous 6 starts were pretty decent. In those games he had a 3.13 ERA and BA against of .232 and threw 67% strikes. I thought he had turned the corner but today was awful.

He's not a #1 pitcher and the only #1 we had we dealt away for a very poor return. We might have a #1 in Indy but we're wasting his arm throwing to minor leaguers, I don't understand this FO, what a disaster.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

130B090E0E19080F121305600 wrote: The mystery of Jamison Tallion continues.   

He's not a #1 pitcher and the only #1 we had we dealt away for a very poor return.  We might have a #1 in Indy but we're wasting his arm throwing to minor leaguers, I don't understand this FO, what a disaster.

Lol, a poor return? We got three decent major league players for one that was mediocre for the bucs. Not like we were going to get machado for cole. We were lucky to get what we did
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

1B2721273C35233A540 wrote: The mystery of Jamison Tallion continues.   

He's not a #1 pitcher and the only #1 we had we dealt away for a very poor return.  We might have a #1 in Indy but we're wasting his arm throwing to minor leaguers, I don't understand this FO, what a disaster.

Lol, a poor return?  We got three decent major league players for one that was mediocre for the bucs.   Not like we were going to get machado for cole.  We were lucky to get what we did

This kind of reasoning is why we're where we are.  Anyone could see Cole was a stud, now why he wasn't a star for us again is due to our on the field manager and coaches.  Houston is laughing it's way all the way to the play offs thanks in part to the Pirates and we will be lucky to avoid 5th place in the central thanks to trades and management.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

31292B2C2C3B2A2D303127420 wrote: The mystery of Jamison Tallion continues.   

Lol, a poor return?  We got three decent major league players for one that was mediocre for the bucs.   Not like we were going to get machado for cole.  We were lucky to get what we did

This kind of reasoning is why we're where we are.  Anyone could see Cole was a stud, now why he wasn't a star for us again is due to our on the field manager and coaches.  Houston is laughing it's way all the way to the play offs thanks in part to the Pirates and we will be lucky to avoid 5th place in the central thanks to trades and management.
So is your argument that Cole was a star #1 pitcher who should have been worth more in a trade (your prior comment) or that he failed to become a star #1 for the Pirates due to poor coaching (your subsequent comment)? IMHO, he failed to become the star he was expected to be due to poor coaching. Seems like Houston knew just what was wrong and fixed it. But because he failed to become a star for the Pirates except for 1 year out of 5, he didn't command as much in a trade as a star #1 pitcher would have commanded. I think the trade was ok for the type of pitcher Cole was prior to going to Houston. Too bad it took a different coaching and analysis staff to see what the Pirates couldn't.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

3D252720203726213C3D2B4E0 wrote: The mystery of Jamison Tallion continues.   

Houston won the world series without Cole so chances are they were going back to the playoffs anyway. We are missing more pieces than a SP that is unreliable similar to the current number1 we have. You have to build around something and cole wasn’t it apparently. Harrison needs to go tomorrow as well as Mercer. I wouldn’t call it a rebuild because those two don’t add much. I would rather see Kang at second than Harrison. What a waste of money he is.