Neal speaks

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Neal speaks

Post by Bobster21 »

505C5D060F060E03041B01360 wrote: I believe he was saying that the 78 82 wins range was a projection that even the 2013, 14 and 15 teams were projected at. Those teams exceeded that projection,and there was hope that this current team would also exceed that win total. It has not happened,and he takes the responsibility for the current team not competing as expected. I think  I recall that in spring training 2013 when Hurdle said the team would win like 94 games I included thought he was dreaming. The analytics projected that team to be no better than .500.
Now just wait a cottin' pickin' minute. If he projected a non competitive win total of 78-82, he cannot take responsibility for the current team not competing as expected. You cannot compete on his expected win total of 78-82. It appears Neal has lost track of his lies.
Ecbucs

Neal speaks

Post by Ecbucs »

727B73626C160 wrote: I believe he was saying that the 78 82 wins range was a projection that even the 2013, 14 and 15 teams were projected at. Those teams exceeded that projection,and there was hope that this current team would also exceed that win total. It has not happened,and[highlight] he takes the responsibility[/highlight] for the current team not competing as expected. I think  I recall that in spring training 2013 when Hurdle said the team would win like 94 games I included thought he was dreaming. The analytics projected that team to be no better than .500.

He takes the responsibility?   where did he say that?

Listen to the podcast of his Sunday show on 93.7 the Fan .

It's 27 minutes.  I'll listen to it, but if he "takes responsibility" and then next sentence starts deflecting to other people/things like always, I'm not counting it lol

the Trib article does quote him saying it his responsibility (or words to that effect). :

“This is on me,” Huntington said. “This is the club I put together. I believe in our coaches. I believe in the message they are giving our players. But we're where we are. It's real.

“I'm ultimately accountable for everything. Some of the moves that I've made haven't worked the way I anticipated.”
Ecbucs

Neal speaks

Post by Ecbucs »

1E333E2F28392E6E6D5C0 wrote: I believe he was saying that the 78 82 wins range was a projection that even the 2013, 14 and 15 teams were projected at. Those teams exceeded that projection,and there was hope that this current team would also exceed that win total. It has not happened,and he takes the responsibility for the current team not competing as expected. I think  I recall that in spring training 2013 when Hurdle said the team would win like 94 games I included thought he was dreaming. The analytics projected that team to be no better than .500.
Now just wait a cottin' pickin' minute. If he projected a non competitive win total of 78-82, he cannot take responsibility for the current team not competing as expected. You cannot compete on his expected win total of 78-82. It appears Neal has lost track of his lies.

In Neal's mind if you project 78-82 the team might win 92 to one time and 68 another. He just always thinks it will be the 92. He is a moron, at least in how he talks to the public.
rucker59@gmail.com

Neal speaks

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

This is a huge admission by Neal: his goal is to win 78-82 per season. I can not believe he admits this.

This alone should be sufficient for MLB to get involved. I can not believe they will allow owners to put minimal effort and luck into a team.

This explains 2015. It explains 2016. It explains everything: this group has no intention of trying to win the WS, they are now on record stating they are trying to win as many as 82 games and hope the team is actually better than they project. 82 wins plus luck is their strategy. Can that possibly be ok with mlb?? Surely not. A bombshell admission.
INbuc

Neal speaks

Post by INbuc »

4E495F57594E09057C5B515D5550125F53513C0 wrote: This is a huge admission by Neal: his goal is to win 78-82 per season.  I can not believe he admits this. 

This alone should be sufficient for MLB to get involved.  I can not believe they will allow owners to put minimal effort and luck into a team. 

This explains 2015.  It explains 2016.  It explains everything: this group has no intention of trying to win the WS, they are now on record stating they are trying to win as many as 82 games and hope the team is actually better than they project.   82 wins plus luck is their strategy.  Can that possibly be ok with mlb??  Surely not.  A bombshell admission.

Va, personally I don't think anyone in the MLB fraternity will give a flip. As long as the Bucs are willing to be the league's version of the Washington Generals or the Boston Shamrocks, they're probably quite satisfied.

We are one less roadblock for the traditional contenders to encounter on an annual basis. Every year we will produce a player or two who we won't attempt to resign that will become available for the contenders' free agent class. We won't contest or drive up the price on other team's free agents. We will prematurely trade off players for diluted returns to save a few bucks.

The Pirates' lack of competitiveness is probably no concern to anybody but Pirate fans. >:(
ArnoldRothstein

Neal speaks

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

One interesting question is how many clubs do they project at 78-82 clubs every year? Most projections seem to gather teams around those points.
skinnyhorse

Neal speaks

Post by skinnyhorse »

The only way he can really take responsibility for this teams flop is he must resign, anything else is just words. He's not taking responsibility for anything, or I guess he could take a big reduction in his salary, that might show he's really taking responsibility. I'm waiting Neal to see some action not just words.
rucker59@gmail.com

Neal speaks

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

00072B3C2A490 wrote: This is a huge admission by Neal: his goal is to win 78-82 per season.  I can not believe he admits this. 

This alone should be sufficient for MLB to get involved.  I can not believe they will allow owners to put minimal effort and luck into a team. 

This explains 2015.  It explains 2016.  It explains everything: this group has no intention of trying to win the WS, they are now on record stating they are trying to win as many as 82 games and hope the team is actually better than they project.   82 wins plus luck is their strategy.  Can that possibly be ok with mlb??  Surely not.  A bombshell admission.

The Pirates' lack of competitiveness is probably no concern to anybody but Pirate fans. >:(

Great line, cutting right to the heart.
pghpaulatl

Neal speaks

Post by pghpaulatl »

Chris Mueller at Timesonline.com wrote a piece that I think makes tremendous sense where he calls out the "NUT" in comparing him to two small market teams in the Brewers & Indians, in a clever way.

I work for a company that makes business decisions that I don't agree with at times but I have to sell them as my own.

While I agree that NH hasn't done the greatest job drafting or developing players, he has been adequate. Maybe with different owner who loved baseball NH may have been allowed to add some pieces to that 98 win team the following year.

The biggest problem with the Bucs is ownership and it's said that "it starts from the top" and then permeates through the whole management team.

The article by Mueller highlights this and also makes one think that until there is a change at the top the Bucs will remain in this malaise.

So I guess we have a choice root for another team or continue with what they're putting out.
fjk090852-7

Neal speaks

Post by fjk090852-7 »

36212E3627332A27322A460 wrote: Chris Mueller at Timesonline.com wrote a piece that I think makes tremendous sense where he calls out the "NUT" in comparing him to two small market teams in the Brewers & Indians, in a clever way.

I work for a company that makes business decisions that I don't agree with at times but I have to sell them as my own.

While I agree that NH hasn't done the greatest job drafting or developing players, he has been adequate. Maybe with different owner who loved baseball NH may have been allowed to add some pieces to that 98 win team the following year.

The biggest problem with the Bucs is ownership and it's said that "it starts from the top" and then permeates through the whole management team.

The article by Mueller highlights this and also makes one think that until there is a change at the top the Bucs will remain in this malaise.

So I guess we have a choice root for another team or continue with what they're putting out.
That says it all. How can you run an organization when your owner is pinching pennies while your competition is spending big dollars? Until Nutting sells which may be never we fans are caught following this inferior team. My hope is that the next basic Players Agreement they vote for a salary floor. That will hurt Nutting in his wallet.