Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Bell Hitting Lead-off Tonight 7/6

Post by dmetz »

Polanco doubled. That's good.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

272E263739430 wrote: Polanco doubled.   That's good.

Dmetz is a sunshine pumper!

;)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It's mind numbing how often a Pirate pitcher walks the first batter he faces.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

That was one heck of an at-bat by Dickerson.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The fact that Brown and Blass started the telecast off by saying the Pirates need to start winning now to get back into contention is a joke. Are these guys brain dead have they not been watching this team play the last 7 weeks?? The Pirates are 14-29 in their last 43 games since May 17th, and the Reds who started the year a pathetic 3-18 are on the verge of passing them up for last place in the division. This team is 11 games out of first place, 8 games out of a wildcard and 6 games under .500 they aren’t in contention for a damn thing. I can’t wait to hear Mr Stooge Huntington himself say on Sunday how he thinks this team can still get back in this race and maybe they can add at the deadline. Man I absolutely cannot anything about this team right now from top to bottom.
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

Bottom of the 4th, 5-3 Phillies.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

193E2F2B2E330C382F2E2E334A0 wrote: The fact that Brown and Blass started the telecast off by saying the Pirates need to start winning now to get back into contention is a joke. Are these guys brain dead have they not been watching this team play the last 7 weeks?? The Pirates are 14-29 in their last 43 games since May 17th, and the Reds who started the year a pathetic 3-18 are on the verge of passing them up for last place in the division. This team is 11 games out of first place, 8 games out of a wildcard and 6 games under .500 they aren’t in contention for a damn thing. I can’t wait to hear Mr Stooge Huntington himself say on Sunday how he thinks this team can still get back in this race and maybe they can add at the deadline. Man I absolutely cannot anything about this team right now from top to bottom.
I know they sound ridiculous but it's the job of the broadcast crew to "sell" the team to the public. They can't be honest and paint the truly bleak picture. And what they said is literally accurate. That is, the Pirates used to be in contention (1st place on 5/17), are no longer in contention, and the only way they will get back in contention is to start winning quickly. What they didn't say is how unlikely that is.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Reds beating Cubs 3-1, though 6.
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

Dub,Dub, Dub, double for Bell. :)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nice level swing (for a change) by Bell on that 2B.