Bucs vs D'Backs - 4/25 - 12.35 pm

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Our offense sucks. I get the injuries and all, but wow. Outside of Bell we have nada right now.

Moran is not our future 3B nor is Kang. Might as well bring KeBryan up at some point this year.

I will live with Tucker and whatever he brings to the table.

Frazier is meah so far.

What a waste of solid starting pitching (for the most part).

Goes to show you how clueless our FO is; if they would have dished out some dough to a hitter or two this off-season we would have been alright.

I would have signed Moustakas (sp) from the Brewers and plugged him into 3rd and signed Daniel Murphy and plugged him into 2nd. Lastly, I would have taken a flier on Adam Jones and put him in RF.

Sigh...oh well. Coulda...shoulda...woulda.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

It's amazing to me that Polanco still hasn't been able to figure out how to play balls cleanly off the RF wall and out of the RF corner. He bobbles and drops what feels like 90% of the balls hit in those spots. The back-back triples probably should have been back-back doubles.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

where those really triples or did Polanco have something to do with it? If he can't be an average fielder out there he isn't going to help the team.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

250302150313600 wrote: where those really triples or did Polanco have something to do with it?  If he can't be an average fielder out there he isn't going to help the team.
On 2 of them it looked to me like he went too far to the wall hoping to catch it. So when he couldn't get to the ball, it bounced well past him since he was at the wall and he had to chase it down. He's always been weak defensively.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Probably I have, but I can’t recall ever seeing back to back triples. But I bet no one has seen back to back with the pitcher being one of the two.

Polanco....sheezz. Forget doubles, could have caught the first and saved the two runs that came around that inning.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Pretty dominant performance by the Diamondbacks in this series. Say what you want about the way the Pirates played, but the Diamondbacks played really good ball.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Has Polanco been able to hit the infield dirt on any of his throws from the deep outfield? I remember Huntington talking about how they had to rebuild his throw and it looks like he sidearms everything now.

Already going to a shift on left handed Tucker.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Pirates were outscored 30-7 in the 4 game series.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

220F02131405125251600 wrote: Pirates were outscored 30-7 in the 4 game series.
Ouch.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This is exactly what this Pirates team can’t afford to do you can’t win 5 games in a row and go 6 games over .500 then turn right back around and give it right back and lose 5 games in a row. This next stretch of games 16 of 21 on the road the next 3 weeks really worries me seeing how bad this offense is going right now. The Pirates have to start hitting a lot better or they are going to find themselves well below .500 after these 21 games are over. Clint needs to quit giving guys that are healthy days off too now. You’re going to have 3 days off in the next 10 days or so so there is absolutely no need to rest guys in this lineup. Hopefully the Pirates can turn it around in both LA and Texas these next 5 games it won’t be easy.