Pirates acquire Chris Stratton.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Tintin

Post by Tintin »

5D787B7B6E4578707265170 wrote: This kind of move drives me crazy. What is the point of adding someone who has had little to no success. The Pitching staff especially the bullpen is currently in shambles due to injuries.

Miraculously the Bucs have kept their head above water.

Spend some friggin money and get some quality

Who? Give me names.

Who is this quality arm that is available in mid May that will be ok to be moved into the pen when Archer and Taillon come back?

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

566B6C766B6C020 wrote: This kind of move drives me crazy. What is the point of adding someone who has had little to no success. The Pitching staff especially the bullpen is currently in shambles due to injuries.

Who?  Give me names.

Who is this quality arm that is available in mid May that will be ok to be moved into the pen when Archer and Taillon come back?

At the top of the list would be to sign Dallas Keuchel and move Lyle to the pen. You finally have a quality lefty starter while strengthening both your rotation and bullpen.

Sadly, Nutting will not give NH the funds and he will probably end up with the Cardinals as a replacement for Hudson.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Not that it's a thrilling pickup, but really he just has to be better than Neverauskus.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

4E6B68687D566B636176040 wrote: This kind of move drives me crazy. What is the point of adding someone who has had little to no success. The Pitching staff especially the bullpen is currently in shambles due to injuries.

Who?  Give me names.

At the top of the list would be to sign Dallas Keuchel and move Lyle to the pen. You finally have a quality lefty starter while strengthening both your rotation and bullpen.

Sadly, Nutting will not give NH the funds and he will probably end up with the Cardinals as a replacement for Hudson.

Dude wants 80 million over five and the eighteenth pick of the draft. He’s not worth that in dollars or years.

We are idiots if we give him that.

No one else is giving him that either. No to mention it would take him 4-6 weeks to get himself into shape to pitch and if we would have wanted to do this we would have done it in January?

who else is out there?
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

45787F65787F110 wrote: This kind of move drives me crazy. What is the point of adding someone who has had little to no success. The Pitching staff especially the bullpen is currently in shambles due to injuries.

Who?  Give me names.

Dude wants 80 million over five and the eighteenth pick of the draft.  He’s not worth that in dollars or years.

We are idiots if we give him that.

No one else is giving him that either.  No to mention it would take him 4-6 weeks to get himself into shape to pitch and if we would have wanted to do this we would have done it in January?

who else is out there?

The problem with just going out and getting cast offs instead of quality is that we are wasting the investment made in the Archer trade. We only have him under control for a couple more years.

If we are really trying to contend this year and the next 2 then we need to augment the pitching staff with some quality due to the injuries. Taillon was just transferred to the 60 day and may not be back this year. Are we going to punt or try to compete.

I mentioned Keuchel because he is a free agent and still out there.

Other than him; it may take a trade.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

To a point, though I would mention that this offseason's castoffs include melky and Liriano and lyles