Earlier start times

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Earlier start times

Post by BenM »

I don't think there is much customer demand for doubleheaders. Those of us here have an intense interest for the team, but for the casual fan (especially those with kids), seven hours is a big commitment
Bobster21

Earlier start times

Post by Bobster21 »

6A4D4665280 wrote: I don't think there is much customer demand for doubleheaders. Those of us here have an intense interest for the team, but for the casual fan (especially those with kids), seven hours is a big commitment
If they just scheduled 7 D/Hs (1 per month with 2 in 1 of those months) they could end the season a week earlier. The fans who didn't want to take the kids on those days could go to tne park another day. But they might appreciate having the season end sooner instead of having the WS go to the end of October.
fjk090852-7

Earlier start times

Post by fjk090852-7 »

7C515C4D4A5B4C0C0F3E0 wrote: I don't think there is much customer demand for doubleheaders. Those of us here have an intense interest for the team, but for the casual fan (especially those with kids), seven hours is a big commitment
If they just scheduled 7 D/Hs (1 per month with 2 in 1 of those months) they could end the season a week earlier. The fans who didn't want to take the kids on those days could go to tne park another day. But they might appreciate having the season end sooner instead of having the WS go to the end of October.
I like that idea of 7 DH and then ending the season earlier. I wouldn’t care if the reduced the season to 156 games eliminating one home, and one road 3 games series in order to end the season earlier.
DemDog

Earlier start times

Post by DemDog »

Some good ideas about D/H have been made. The one thing that I don't want when it comes to D/H is the 7 inning kind. That's okay for MiLB where pitchers are often limited in the number of innings they pitch.
SammyKhalifa

Earlier start times

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Earlier start times are great, I wish it was that way all the time. For me, 7 o'clock is too late to go there straight after work, but at the same too early to really do anything beforehand either.