Official Game Thread - 5/3 - Bucs @ Padres

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I paid $6 (American) to watch Dave work.

Should've demanded my money back. ;)
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Great game going on in case nobody noticed.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

There goes the no hitter...he was looking like he was laboring in the 6th. Great effort but first and third no outs....so from no hitter to this could get bad quick
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I really appreciate that in the games at PNC Park, there was no artificial fan noise pumped in like I'm hearing at some of these places, San Diego is doing it tonight. The absolute worst was watching the Tampa Bay Detroit hockey game yesterday, Detroit made it sound like there were 19000 fans at game 7 of the Stanley cup
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Sac fly makes it 1-0....Polanco can't get set on the catch the runner moves up from first...that's so sad to see
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Double makes it 2-0...Anderson just ran out of gas unfortunately, it was the inning before. It was always going to be a combined no-no if it got that far.

And so it goes that we're once again left cheering for solid efforts, some great defensive plays, but what was well known was the lack of offense, so not much in the way of wins.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Perez has no problem letting the pitchers know that he feels he's in charge. He came out towards Anderson in the 5th, Anderson waved him off, Perez shook his head called time and went out anyhow...Holmes through a pitch I'm guessing crossed him up, and Perez didn't hide his anger on it.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I'd be a lot surer if he were hitting better than .143.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Infield hit....then the inning is finally over. Both runs charged to Anderson.

The scary thing is that this is probably the absolute best we can expect from Anderson, and you can't expect this kind of outing every time.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Last Pirate to lose a game that had a noo hitter through six innings was Kip Wells in 2002.

He lost 2-0.

I'm not liking the omenality of it all....or the fact that Reynolds seems to once again be in a funk.