Name The Last GM You Liked

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CTBucco

Name The Last GM You Liked

Post by CTBucco »

584561636D080 wrote: Neal Huntington. He’s a good GM who took a franchise in utter disarray and built them into a three year playoff run and contender, having the second best record in baseball in one year. That said, whatever he had, he’s lost. He’s lost this team. It’s time for him, and Hurdle, to go.

Totally agree.  He should always be a hero for turning this franchise around.  I will always remember how thankful I was specifically to him after they made the playoffs that first year.

I have also gotten to talk with NH a couple times one to one.  I really like him as a human being and as a baseball guy.  He is great to talk with.

And, his time needs to be over here.  Drafting.  Development.  Scouting.  And I think he is now gun shy to make the big trade.
These were my immediate response to the question. I thought Neal would get us to finish line at some point, and he had a lot to do with the success they have had. But the weaknesses mentioned already plus the long run of an awful Int'l talent strategy and sticking with the sinker-heavy pitching approach and OBA-heavy lineups for too long tell me he probably is not the guy.