Pirates minicamp today.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Pirates minicamp today.

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I tried to find some images or videos to post here, but not much showing up yet.  I was just happy to hear some Signs of Life.  Guys will play catch and run laps and do other Super Exciting Things.
mouse

Pirates minicamp today.

Post by mouse »

P2 has a prelim video up. Players throwing the ball in shorts and short-sleeve shirts. Those guys must be freezing . . . or it's warmer there than around here. It does have that feel of spring to it,
BenM

Pirates minicamp today.

Post by BenM »

The only thing I care about for this minicamp is if Kang is there. Because I think he needs as much baseball activity as he can get.
SammyKhalifa

Pirates minicamp today.

Post by SammyKhalifa »

67404B68250 wrote: The only thing I care about for this minicamp is if Kang is there. Because I think he needs as much baseball activity as he can get.
I guess Polanco was there. I mean I'm sure he wasn't doing much, but neat to hear he showed up anyhow.
fjk090852-7

Pirates minicamp today.

Post by fjk090852-7 »

06212A09440 wrote: The only thing I care about for this minicamp is if Kang is there. Because I think he needs as much baseball activity as he can get.
From seeing a couple tweets it appears that Kang is not present at minicamp. Pirate Prospects has reported that Archer arrived this morning. It is good to see that veteran players attend the camp. Whenever a veteran player attends camp, that should be a good example for the younger players such as Tucker, and Hayes.
SammyKhalifa

Pirates minicamp today.

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Of course, does Archer still live in the Tampa area anyhow?
CarolinaBucco

Pirates minicamp today.

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Well this is a sliver of good news ... from Rob Biertempfel ...

#Pirates Gregory Polanco, on the mend from surgery to repair dislocated left shoulder, swung bat (hitting off tee) for first time today and felt great: "No way I'm out until June."
MaineBucs

Pirates minicamp today.

Post by MaineBucs »

And seeing as I am in a depressed and lousy frame of mind today ---

Perhaps Polanco meant that his return was more likely to occur in July.

On the other hand, good to hear that Polanco is feeling upbeat. He needs to make sure that he is in good overall health when he returns in the 2019 season.
OrlandoMerced

Pirates minicamp today.

Post by OrlandoMerced »

He had the surgery in mid-september, the time frame was 7-9 months, so that would have had him returning between May and June. If he is ahead of schedule, I'm thinking that means a return between late March and mid April. Sounds like he was hitting yesterday with no hindrance. This makes the Chisenhall signing more logical, he's not going to be relied upon for very long this year.