Polanco RF

Cervelli C

Bell 1st

Dickerson LF

Moran 3rd

Meadows CF

Mercer SS

Williams P

Good to see JHay back and in the lineup I feel his bat will make this lineup that much better. Kind of too early to say this is an important game today on May 20th but I feel it is. You don’t want to drop 3 out of 4 games at home to a bad Padres team with the upcoming games with the Cards and Cubs here next weekend looming large. You want to nail this one down today, finish this homestead at 6-3, and move on to Cincy and hopefully win 2 out of 3 before returning home next weekend to face the Cardinals.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/20 Game Thread Friars@Bucs...

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think this is an important game. I would love to be at 30 wins before the Cardinals games.

4-5-6-7 all left handed. This line up is tough against righties. I hope Harrison brings that spark.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Interesting to see which Jordan Lyles the Bucs see today? Will it be the one who retired the first 22 batters against Colorado in his last start, or will it be the pitcher he has been the rest of his career?

This will be only his third start since moving to the pen a couple years back. Two starts ago he held the Cards to 1 ER.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison leads off with a single.

Many players wearing that face guard now too.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

2nd and 3rd not outs. Didn't get that big hit. Cervelli with a sac fly.

1-0 Pirates.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Padres take the lead 2-1 on home run by Villanueva. Needed more then one run last inning when it was 2nd and 3rd with nobody out. Polanco continues to struggle. He needs to be better plain and simple. Hitting in the low .200’s for him consistently is just not good enough.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Padres add two more now and take a 4-1 lead. This weekend is shaping up to be a disaster at this point. Losing 3 out of 4 to the Padres at home is something this Pirates team right now did not need to have happen.
pghpaulatl

Post by pghpaulatl »

This infuriates me can't stand that we can't beat a *&$% team like the Padres. We seem to always lose the season :o

series to them every year.

This has been a lost weekend, can't hit, can't pitch, can't win!
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I haven't been able to watch a ton of this series, but I'm stunned the Padres have as poor of a record as they do. I feel like this is a good baseball team.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Austin Meadows!!

jordy!

4-4.

Congrats to Austin!