Let the rumor mill begin

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Leyland1948

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Leyland1948 »

Per MLB Trade Rumors the Dodgers are looking at infielders and Josh Harrison is a casual mention. First of a lot of rumors to come in the next few weeks I guess.
fjk090852-7

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The rumors will start to escalate over the next couple of weeks. There has been no rumor to my suggestion, but should the Bucs consider trading Vazquez? I am sure many of the teams in the hunt for the postseason would want him. He has a recent contract which is team friendly. He could probably fetch other teams high end prospects. Finally since the Bucs appear to be in some type of rebuild mode, do they need a closer or can they end games with closers by committee? Finally on their roster they have Nick Burdi who is recovering from TJ Surgery, and I believe as a Rule 5 pick he must be on the active roster for a portion of this season.
CTBucco

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by CTBucco »

I’d rank the guys they should consider trading by their trade value as Vazquez, Marte, Cervelli, Harrison, Dickerson, Nova.

I’d only move one of the OFers but could see selling both if there is a good market for them. There hasn’t been the last few deadlines. The problem with trading Cervelli is the lack of catching prospects, so they’d need to sign a decent backup for Diaz in the offseason -unless you believe Stallings will hit.
Ecbucs

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Ecbucs »

1B0C1A2D3B3B37580 wrote: I’d rank the guys they should consider trading by their trade value as Vazquez, Marte, Cervelli, Harrison, Dickerson, Nova.

I’d only move one of the OFers but could see selling both if there is a good market for them. There hasn’t been the last few deadlines. The problem with trading Cervelli is the lack of catching prospects, so they’d need to sign a decent backup for Diaz in the offseason -unless you believe Stallings will hit.

I'm not that worried about Stallings in that he can hit better than Chris Stewart. Still getting more catching depth in upper minors is needed unless they think Laverny is a capable major league catcher. It has been nice to see Diaz has been healthy all season.
OrlandoMerced

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I'm uncomfortable with Diaz as the primary catcher, I think he's great in the backup role though. They have likely been the most productive catching tandem in terms of WAR, no reason to break that up.

I'd be curious what teams in contention would offer from Vazquez, but if no one is willing to offer an Andrew Miller package, NH should pass.

Not sure what Dickerson is worth, but I imagine it would be little more than a Bryan Reynolds level prospect.
fjk090852-7

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6D504E434C464D6F4750414746220 wrote: I'm uncomfortable with Diaz as the primary catcher, I think he's great in the backup role though. They have likely been the most productive catching tandem in terms of WAR, no reason to break that up.

I'd be curious what teams in contention would offer from Vazquez, but if no one is willing to offer an Andrew Miller package, NH should pass.

Not sure what Dickerson is worth, but I imagine it would be little more than a Bryan Reynolds level prospect.
If they would trade Vazquez they better get back a very excellent package of players.
SammyKhalifa

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SammyKhalifa »

406667706676050 wrote: I’d rank the guys they should consider trading by their trade value as Vazquez, Marte, Cervelli, Harrison, Dickerson, Nova.

I'm not that worried about Stallings in that he can hit better than Chris Stewart.  Still getting more catching depth in upper minors is needed unless they think Laverny is a capable major league catcher.  It has been nice to see Diaz has been healthy all season.

Stallings strikes be as being born to be a MLB manager--the "AAAA Catcher" type alongside with his family history growing up in a coaching family. I was really impressed with his thoughts on the game after listening to a recent radio interview.
RichD

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by RichD »

Red Sox looking for BP help prefer player with some years of control . Brad Hand, Vasquez and others are mentioned per MLBtraderumors
fjk090852-7

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by fjk090852-7 »

566D676C40040 wrote: Red Sox looking for BP help prefer player with some years of control .  Brad Hand, Vasquez and others are mentioned per MLBtraderumors
I hope we don’t do a deal with Red Sox. Their number 1 prospect is serving an 80 game suspension and the#2 player is out with TJ surgery. If we trade Vazquez we need top prospects from the other team.
dmetz

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by dmetz »

We should be able to get a big haul for Marte and Vasquez.  Alternatively, we could trade Meadows in lieu of Marte. 

If Meadows, then could hold Marte, Polanco, and Dickerson, with Luplow and Jason Martin high in the pipe.

Cervelli is pretty certain to be gone, what his value is, dunno.

Agree Diaz has defensive deficiencies that will fit in perfect with the rest of our infield. Bat has come out of nowhere really. Hard to know future expectations with Diaz.