Upcoming Road Trip

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by fjk090852-7 »

These seven games end on August 31st the final day for teams to set rosters for the Post Season. If the Bucs continue their poor play at Brewer Stadium,and they lose to Cubs I expect a player such as Matt Joyce to be moved if he cleared waivers. Maybe even a guy like Feliz. I hope the Bucs can win 5 out of 7 but that might be wishful thinking.
Jerseykc

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by Jerseykc »

Shaping up with Kuhl, Voglesong, Tallion and Nova in Milwaukee

Cole would be scheduled vs Arrieta on Monday

We might do well with those 4 going in Milwaukee, it would be up to the offense to put a few runs up. Rotation, outside of Cole, has pitched well last few games, no offense isn't going to result in many W's. Hope the young guys don't get discouraged... :-[
fjk090852-7

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think the Bucs will see Jimmy Nelson and Zachary Davies in the Brewer series and I think both have had some success against them. I also just read the Bucs have lost 9 straight at Miller Park. I hope we can end this losing streak.
CarolinaBucco

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The Pirates have lost something like 100 of their last 101 games in Miller Park. Well, not exactly, but it's something close to that.

The Pirates' incompetence and inability to compete in Milwaukee against what is a bad Brewers team is one of America's great mysteries.

The Pirates win in places like LA, SF and STL with regularity. But they cannot win in MIL.

WHY ?????
Bobster21

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by Bobster21 »

496B78656663646B487F6969650A0 wrote: The Pirates have lost something like 100 of their last 101 games in Miller Park. Well, not exactly, but it's something close to that.

The Pirates' incompetence and inability to compete in Milwaukee against what is a bad Brewers team is one of America's great mysteries.

The Pirates win in places like LA, SF and STL with regularity. But they cannot win in MIL.

WHY ?????
Bucs are 19-68 at Miller Park since 2006.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think they have 15 wins in Mil since Randall Simon hit that sausage. The curse of Randall Simon.
Tintin

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by Tintin »

The rest of the way, we only play six teams.

31 games against the division, 4 against the Phils, and 3 against the Nats.

17 at home, 21 on the road.

16 are against teams over .500. 22 against teams under .500

2 years ago we were 71-68, and snapped off a 17-6 record to end the season.

We need a run like that.
MaineBucs

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by MaineBucs »

We need the team's stars to make a statement and to help lead the team.

Cutch needs to hit like a man possessed, and I don't care if it is possessed by god or the devil (actually I do), but he needs to be unconscious in how he plays.

Cole needs to come out and to best Arietta. If Arietta only gives up 1 run, he can't give up any. If the Bucs score 2 against Arietta, he can't give up more than 1.

When your leaders play with confidence and perform well, I believe the rest of the team will follow.

My expectations are quite low, but as was just noted, the team has gone on runs before that have propelled them to previously unachieved heights. I will continue to follow the games regardless if the team is winning or losing, but it sure would be great to see them winning.

Break the curse in Milwaukee and spank the Cubbies.
CarolinaBucco

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by CarolinaBucco »

To start with in Milwaukee, we have to overcome the Curse of Randall Simon, but also in the first 2 games the Curse of Not Hitting Pitchers with ERAs over 5.00 (and in tonight's case, over 6.00). This particular curse plagues the Pirates not just in at Miller Park, but in ballparks all across the nation.
Tintin

Upcoming Road Trip

Post by Tintin »

113D3532391E293F2F5C0 wrote: We need the team's stars to make a statement and to help lead the team.

Cutch needs to hit like a man possessed, and I don't care if it is possessed by god or the devil (actually I do), but he needs to be unconscious in how he plays.

Cole needs to come out and to best Arietta.  If Arietta only gives up 1 run, he can't give up any.  If the Bucs score 2 against Arietta, he can't give up more than 1.

When your leaders play with confidence and perform well, I believe the rest of the team will follow.

My expectations are quite low, but as was just noted, the team has gone on runs before that have propelled them to previously unachieved heights.  I will continue to follow the games regardless if the team is winning or losing, but it sure would be great to see them winning.

Break the curse in Milwaukee and spank the Cubbies.         

I bet we go 4-3 on the trip keeping us close but not picking up any ground, so we stay on the roller coaster another week.