1. Travis Swaggerty
SammyKhalifa

Draft Thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Is that good?
johnfluharty

Draft Thread

Post by johnfluharty »

I'll bump this thread in 3 years and let you know. :)
NJBucsFan

Draft Thread

Post by NJBucsFan »

For what it's worth:

OF Travis Swaggerty, University of South Alabama

Up-the-middle college athletes are hard to find, and Swaggerty is the best in the 2018 Draft class. He's got a chance to have solid or better tools across the board, as his sneaky power and plus speed could make him a 20-20 player. He has a penchant for drawing walks but also can get overly aggressive at times. Swaggerty is definitely going to stay in center field, but he has the arm for right field if needed.
SCBucco

Draft Thread

Post by SCBucco »

41737F7F6B597A737E7B7473120 wrote: Is that good?

I like the pick ALOT. MLB sort of compared him to Darrin Erstad.
INbuc

Draft Thread

Post by INbuc »

Baseball America rated him as the 11th best prospect and many of mock drafts had him in that range. The MLB Network announcers said he projects as a 20/20 guy. Sounds good to me.
RichD

Draft Thread

Post by RichD »

I hope this guy is a real hitter ...I want some bats in the system. Not many down low right now  . Bucs  have some serious OF suspects in minors .  Luplow /Martin and Swag to go with Meadows .Dickerson has 1 more year and Marte /Polanco should be moved in the next year or 2. Neither are cornerstones to build around.

Heck maybe Bell should go back to the OF .I would trade Marte before he goes into a nosedive  ...Like right now. He is not a difference maker and never has been, but his numbers look good at this point.
Tintin

Draft Thread

Post by Tintin »

He really is a Meadows clone.

He might be a three years from the majors which might make him a Marte replacement.
SCBucco

Draft Thread

Post by SCBucco »

112A202B07430 wrote: I hope this guy is a real hitter ...I want some bats in the system. Not many down low right now  . Bucs  have some serious OF suspects in minors .  Luplow /Martin and Swag to go with Meadows .Dickerson has 1 more year and Marte /Polanco should be moved in the next year or 2. Neither are cornerstones to build around.

Heck maybe Bell should go back to the OF .I would trade Marte before he goes into a nosedive  ...Like right now. He is not a difference maker and never has been, but his numbers look good at this point.

We have a lot of suspects in the system period.
SCBucco

Draft Thread

Post by SCBucco »

If he is still on the board when we pick next, I say screw it and take Heimlich.  You probably can get him for a bargain price.

No way does McClanahan fall to us. Would love to see it. Would be fitting it we take Austin's younger Bro.