Newman 2nd

Bell 1st

Osuna DH

Reynolds LF

Evans 3rd

Heredia RF

Stallings C

Gonzalez SS

Why does Gonzalez need to play again while your hottest hitter Colin Moran sits when you are 2-7 and desperately need to win games to stay in this thing. Like what is Shelton is doing??

SyrBucco

Pirates@Twins Game Thread...

Post by SyrBucco »

Looks like a lineup for a lefty pitcher. Otherwise it makes no sense.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Gonzalez should only start if both Newman and Tucker are unavailable. Otherwise, he shouldn't even play. Frazier, Newman, Bell, Moran, and Reynolds should be in the line-up every night. It's only a 60 game season with plenty of days off. In addition, they're all in their 20s. Shelton's pulling the same crap that Hurdle did. I really thought there was going to be change.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

356375616E74646F627547606A666E6B2964070 wrote: Gonzalez should only start if both Newman and Tucker are unavailable.  Otherwise, he shouldn't even play.  Frazier, Newman, Bell, Moran, and Reynolds should be in the line-up every night.  It's only a 60 game season with plenty of days off.  In addition, they're all in their 20s.  Shelton's pulling the same crap that Hurdle did.  I really thought there was going to be change.

yeah, they don't need Gonzalez at all. I could understand it more if NH was still here as they claimed they thought he could hit.

There is no evidence of that so why bother with him?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

143233243222510 wrote: Gonzalez should only start if both Newman and Tucker are unavailable.  Otherwise, he shouldn't even play.  Frazier, Newman, Bell, Moran, and Reynolds should be in the line-up every night.  It's only a 60 game season with plenty of days off.  In addition, they're all in their 20s.  Shelton's pulling the same crap that Hurdle did.  I really thought there was going to be change.

yeah, they don't need Gonzalez at all.  I could understand it more if NH was still here as they claimed they thought he could hit.

There is no evidence of that so why bother with him?

Right. The only guys who should play are the guys who BC needs to see in order to determine if they should stay for the next few years. Everyone else no longer matters. They won't be here for long, some of them being sent packing as early as this month.