Alex McRae????

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Alex McRae????

Post by JollyRoger »

Bad enough that no one in our starting rotation has an ERA under 4; but the best the FO can do is call up a pitcher at Indy that was 3-7 with a 4.6 ERA?

I guess they look at is as a big improvement over Smoker and the Lithuanian gas can.

Sad state of affairs in Bucco Land
SteadyFreddy

Alex McRae????

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This death spiral isn’t going to end anytime soon. I expect the Phillies to sweep today and for the Pirates to go something like 2-6 or maybe worse in the 8 games they have before the break this week at home against both the Nats and Brewers. The Pirates also now have lost 8 games in a row at PNC Park. The spin and the BS that will come out of Neal’s mouth the next few weeks is gonna be something to watch. As I said in another thread losing 31 out of 45 games in reason for people to start losing their jobs in any normally ran organization. In this one however it gets rewarded.
mouse

Alex McRae????

Post by mouse »

You are failing to take into consideration one important factor - SRod is nearing the end of his rehab.
Quail

Alex McRae????

Post by Quail »

6F6D777167020 wrote: You are failing to take into consideration one important factor - SRod is nearing the end of his rehab.

;D
DemDog

Alex McRae????

Post by DemDog »

I feel sorry for kids like McRae and Neverman who have been tossed into a situation where they are not set up to succeed. Just fill in a lousy spot on a terrible team with no real chance to succeed. Yet this is what they have worked for, to make the majors and have that chance. Come on TBMTIB do something to give these hard working kids at least a 50-50 chance to be successful.
JollyRoger

Alex McRae????

Post by JollyRoger »

49686049626A0D0 wrote: I feel sorry for kids like McRae and Neverman who have been tossed into a situation where they are not set up to succeed.  Just fill in a lousy spot on a terrible team with no real chance to succeed.  Yet this is what they have worked for, to make the majors and have that chance.  Come on TBMTIB do something to give these hard working kids at least a 50-50 chance to be successful.

They may be hard working kids; but how does an ERA approaching 5 in AAA equate to having success in the Majors. Am I missing something here?
DemDog

Alex McRae????

Post by DemDog »

5A7F7C7C69427F777562100 wrote: I feel sorry for kids like McRae and Neverman who have been tossed into a situation where they are not set up to succeed.  Just fill in a lousy spot on a terrible team with no real chance to succeed.  Yet this is what they have worked for, to make the majors and have that chance.  Come on TBMTIB do something to give these hard working kids at least a 50-50 chance to be successful.

They may be hard working kids; but how does an ERA approaching 5 in AAA equate to having success in the Majors. Am I missing something here?

That proves my point. While McRae has worked hard he has not had the success that he needs for a look in MLB. TBTIBM has not done its job allocating money and the effort to find someone who has had some success at the MLB level to put in the BP. McCrae may never make it in MLB. In fact my kids are in from Seattle WA and they invited us to go to the game today as it is kids day. I do not get to see them that often so I would normally go with them but not today. My frustration is that bad.
JollyRoger

Alex McRae????

Post by JollyRoger »

Meanwhile the Bucs have a soon to be 24 year old lefty that has been dominating AA in the name of Taylor Hearn. Why not see what he can do. Stuff is stuff. The Dodgers didn’t wait to bring up Kershaw. He was in the majors as a 20 year old. He made only 1 start in AAA. Instead the Bucs just bring up more fodder.

The Pirates Marketing Team is missing a golden opportunity. They should designate days as AAA days and charge minor league pricing. At least that would show some honesty to the fans
ChitownBucco

Alex McRae????

Post by ChitownBucco »

had a bad April with back to back bad outings culminating with a start only getting 2 outs and gave up 5 earned runs.

Other than two clunkers in April. He's gone 14 straight starts not giving up more than 4 Earned Runs. With many gems in there.

including some real gems. Clearly he has some potential.

But its just a mixture of him having a fresh arm (July 2 last start.), having a really nice start to July, and the available 40 man roster options i'd imagine.

i'd love to see him get a monday start.

let's hope for the best.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?si ... 018/MINORS