Game Today - Saturday

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Game Today - Saturday

Post by mouse »

Spring training has started. Newman strikes out on three pitches, Cabrara on a few more. The game is being broadcast live on Philly Sports Net and apparently replayed tomorrow morning at 6:00 on MLB.
mouse

Game Today - Saturday

Post by mouse »

Bad route for Martin in the bottom of the inning but what a bomb in the top of the next inning.
Roberto218

Game Today - Saturday

Post by Roberto218 »

1-0! Undefeated!
Bobster21

Game Today - Saturday

Post by Bobster21 »

Brault threw 19 of his 23 pitches for strikes. That's encouraging since he was a walk machine last year.
Bobster21

Game Today - Saturday

Post by Bobster21 »

I watched the replay on MLB. Newman had the best game. Flawless at SS included backhanding a ball in the hole and making a strong throw to nip the batter. He also smoked a double past 3B and scored a run on heads up running when the catcher was trying to corral a bouncing pitch. Hayes made a nice play charging a hopper to 3B and made a strong throw. Martin crushed a HR an inning after turning the wrong on a deep fly ball in CF. Brandon Maurer looks like Grizzly Adams.
mouse

Game Today - Saturday

Post by mouse »

I was impressed as well, overall, with their play. Let's hope they can keep it up.
OrlandoMerced

Game Today - Saturday

Post by OrlandoMerced »

517C71606776612122130 wrote: Brault threw 19 of his 23 pitches for strikes. That's encouraging since he was a walk machine last year.

This is very encouraging. Also to get through the two innings in so few pitches despite two errors. I think it’s between Brault and kingham for the final rotation spot, I think brault would provide more value or of the bullpen, so that might give kingham a bit of an edge in the decision making process
SammyKhalifa

Game Today - Saturday

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Win or lose (but winning is better) it was sure nice to hear some baseball coming out of the old Sony with the broken antenna again.
Bobster21

Game Today - Saturday

Post by Bobster21 »

7A4844445062414845404F48290 wrote: Win or lose (but winning is better) it was sure nice to hear some baseball coming out of the old Sony with the broken antenna again.
Does aluminum foil help?
SammyKhalifa

Game Today - Saturday

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5F727F6E69786F2F2C1D0 wrote: Win or lose (but winning is better) it was sure nice to hear some baseball coming out of the old Sony with the broken antenna again.
Does aluminum foil help?

It does! I ordered a new antenna too, which should be here in a few days.