2021 Draft

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

2021 Draft

Post by Ecbucs »

looks like many colleges are going to play baseball this spring. Vanderbilt hasn't posted a schedule yet.

My kid's DII college released its 50 game schedule today with first game on 2/5.
UtahPirate

2021 Draft

Post by UtahPirate »

Good luck to your son!

I'm sure you are smiling from ear-to-ear knowing you get to watch him play this spring.
GreenWeenie

2021 Draft

Post by GreenWeenie »

We might put up a fight against the Manatees.
Ecbucs

2021 Draft

Post by Ecbucs »

45647178407962716475100 wrote: Good luck to your son!

I'm sure you are smiling from ear-to-ear knowing you get to watch him play this spring.

thanks. My son actually plays soccer and they have just a 4 game schedule and then a conference tournament. He is freshman so probably won't play much. Possibly because of covid and no championship the coach will decide to play him so he gets some experience at that level.

However, my son's room mate is a cousin of Tanner Rainey of the Nats (which is my son's favorite team since we used to live in Virginia suburb).
SCBucco

2021 Draft

Post by SCBucco »

Already looking forward to the 2022 draft when we select a second straight Vandy kid first overall.
BenM

2021 Draft

Post by BenM »

Kumar Rocker is literally the face of Vanderbilt.

You know those ads schools run promoting the university that air during sporting events? Vandy's ends with a shot of him.
UtahPirate

2021 Draft

Post by UtahPirate »

527475627464170 wrote: Good luck to your son!

thanks.  My son actually plays soccer and they have just a 4 game schedule and then a conference tournament.  He is freshman so probably won't play much. Possibly because of covid and no championship the coach will decide to play him so he gets some experience at that level.

However, my son's room mate is a cousin of Tanner Rainey of the Nats (which is my son's favorite team since we used to live in Virginia suburb).

I misread your post I guess as I thought your son had the 50 games. But still good luck and I hope he gets some play time on that limited schedule. Odd time for kids who participate in sports right now.
Ecbucs

2021 Draft

Post by Ecbucs »

15342128102932213425400 wrote: Good luck to your son!

thanks.  My son actually plays soccer and they have just a 4 game schedule and then a conference tournament.  He is freshman so probably won't play much. Possibly because of covid and no championship the coach will decide to play him so he gets some experience at that level.

I misread your post I guess as I thought your son had the 50 games. But still good luck and I hope he gets some play time on that limited schedule. Odd time for kids who participate in sports right now.

thanks, my post wasn't clear that my son isn't on the baseball team. I am hoping he will get a chance to play since the games don't count towards a championship. It will be good for him to get his feet wet out there. He has much less experience than other college freshman as he didn't play travel ball, our school didn't have a program until he was a sophomore. Plus he was in goal less than half the time as he usually played forward or midfield.
fjk090852-7

2021 Draft

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think the consensus is that everyone hopes the Bucs take Rocker with the #1 pick, but it appears that Jordan Lawler is projected as a five tool player coming out of high school. Hopefully the Pirate scouts get to see all the high end draft choices this spring before the July draft.