The Playoffs Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Instead of doing for each series, thought it would be more interesting just to do one.

Then again, this might only be the only post.

Anyhow, I'm sacrificing some sleep to watch the Astros Twins games to get things going. All the games will have an overlap.

Astros Twins right now on ABC, so that's over the air if you're a cable cutter.

White Sox-A's starts at 3:08 on ESPN.

I'll be doing some channel surfing.
ScottinMass

The Playoffs Thread

Post by ScottinMass »

Corey Dickerson with a big 3 run HR against the Cubs in game 1, Marte has 2 hits and Matt Joyce is in the lineup.
JollyRoger

The Playoffs Thread

Post by JollyRoger »

Salt in the wound looking at Cole and Glasnow dominate in the playoffs!
fjk090852-7

The Playoffs Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

For me looking at Glasnow is more disappointing than Cole. I think we all knew Cole was never going to end his career in Pittsburgh. We could still have Glasnow in our system.
maher.timothy20@gm

The Playoffs Thread

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

2D21207B727B737E79667C4B0 wrote: For me looking at Glasnow is more disappointing than Cole. I think we all knew Cole was never going to end his career in Pittsburgh. We could still have Glasnow in our system.

Bingo. Cole would have been long gone by now.
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

For a game that could have been a classic, the Yankees-Indians 10-9 game was like having your teeth pulled. 19 walks.

The three true outcome game is quite boring.

For the foreseeable future, that's pretty much all there is.

I do look forward to seeing how TB manages against the Yankees. It was quite obvious the Yankees ignored all the breaking stuff, waiting on fastballs.

The Indians pitchers wasted way too many pitches out of the zone, and way too many of them weren't even close. If TB pitchers can throw consistent strikes with the breaking stuff, the Yankees won't be scoring double digits.

Then we have the Reds-Braves game, going the opposite direction with all of the strikeouts. It brought back so many un-fond memories of the Pirates, how the Reds inability to have a couple simple productive outs with a man on third and no outs cost them the game.
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Reds score zero runs in 22 innings. They top the 14-15 performance in the WC by the Pirates
JollyRoger

The Playoffs Thread

Post by JollyRoger »

567077626B6770666E050 wrote: Reds score zero runs in 22 innings. They top the 14-15 performance in the WC by the Pirates
And don’t forget to add the epic 1991 collapse when the Bucs were up 3 games to 2 coming back to TRS and failed to score a single run in games 6 and 7
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Playoffs Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

74525540494552444C270 wrote: Reds score zero runs in 22 innings. They top the 14-15 performance in the WC by the Pirates

This begs the question: is it worse to have your team make the playoffs and be humiliated, or for the team to not make the postseason at all? Speaking for myself, I'll take reaching the playoffs every time, but being whacked in them sure hurts, as we all felt back in '14 and '15.
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

The NL Central made up half of the NL playoff scene.

Brewers, Reds, Cubs all lost in two games, and all three teams managed a combined THREE runs in six games, one of them a 13 inning tilt. They were shut out in four of the games. The Brewers scored 2 runs in one game, the Cubs scored 1 run in a game.

The Reds never scored, however I understand they still have a guy standing on third base somewhere.