Embarrassing moment

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Embarrassing moment

Post by JollyRoger »

I’m at Petco catching the Pirate Series as I always do when the Bucs are in town in SD or LA. I try to talk to as many Pirate fans as I can when I’m at the game.

After last nights game I saw a Pirate fan wearing a Brault Jersey.

I flippantly turned to my buddy that I went to the game with and told him that the guy wearing a Brault jersey must be related to him to wear that cause no one would buy one.

He must have overheard me because he turned around and said that he was his cousin. I apologized for my remark and said as fans we are all pulling for him but we’re frustrated.

He said he gets it. He wanted me to know that the reason he got lit up in St Louis is that he was tipping off his pitches. Apparently the staff caught it on video and they are working on it.

Just an FYI
Bobster21

Embarrassing moment

Post by Bobster21 »

I guess he's been tipping his pitches for a couple years now. Seems like the coaches would have corrected that long ago. Or perhaps there are multiple reasons why he gets lit up so often. Maybe he tips the batters that he's going to walk them, since that seems to be his biggest problem every year. ;)
fjk090852-7

Embarrassing moment

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Brault must still be tipping pitches because the Padres are making a comeback on him after two good innings from DeRapau.
Bobster21

Embarrassing moment

Post by Bobster21 »

424E4F141D141C11160913240 wrote: Brault must still be tipping pitches because the Padres are making a comeback on him after two good innings from DeRapau.
He's still tipping the fact that he's not going to throw a strike.
IABucFan

Embarrassing moment

Post by IABucFan »

He could announce what he’s throwing on the Jumbotron and if it isn’t in the zone it won’t matter. With a five run lead, you fill up the zone. Dare them to hit it.