SOG/GOG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

I find this interesting; particularly the "man up" challenge.

Each of us has our definition of what it means. :)
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

7A5C5B4E474B5C4A42290 wrote: Actually, I can't back that up. But you should accept no goat votes. At the very least you should set down parameters. You can't make shit up as you go along. It's dishonest, much like the way you play golf.
_______

There will be no "No Goat" votes unless you want to take over the thread.  Then  you can do whatever you like. 
Besides you being a bit of a b*tch about this, how do you justify not allowing no goat votes when that was always the standard. How do you justify allowing votes for Huntington.

Man up already.
________

It's real easy. A win means there is a SOG and a loss means there is a GOG. Other than that, you can vote for whoever you like. Why won't you just take over the thread and then you can do whatever you like. I will sit back and criticize your every move.
WildwoodDave2

SOG/GOG

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

78636E6F666A650B0 wrote: Actually, I can't back that up. But you should accept no goat votes. At the very least you should set down parameters. You can't make shit up as you go along. It's dishonest, much like the way you play golf.
_______

There will be no "No Goat" votes unless you want to take over the thread.  Then  you can do whatever you like. 
Besides you being a bit of a b*tch about this, how do you justify not allowing no goat votes when that was always the standard. How do you justify allowing votes for Huntington.

Man up already.
________

It's real easy.  A win means there is a SOG and a loss means there is a GOG.  Other than that, you can vote for whoever you like.  Why won't you just take over the thread and then you can do whatever you like.  I will sit back and criticize your every move.
This could be interesting!
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

263D303138343B550 wrote: Actually, I can't back that up. But you should accept no goat votes. At the very least you should set down parameters. You can't make shit up as you go along. It's dishonest, much like the way you play golf.
_______

Man up already.
________

It's real easy.  A win means there is a SOG and a loss means there is a GOG.  Other than that, you can vote for whoever you like.  Why won't you just take over the thread and then you can do whatever you like.  I will sit back and criticize your every move.
Explain allowing Huntington votes....this is the third for fourth time you've been asked.

No I won't take it over. You chose to do so, it's not my fault that you're doing a piss poor job of it. No, you don't get to quit. You need to make it correct. Too bad if you're a snowflake and can't handle constructive criticism. Deal with it, and make it correct.

Perhaps next season, if asked, I will do it, and do it in the manner that was raved about (along with the other chap when he and I collaborated). We dealt with your constant whining about not allowing FO people to be voted. Remember that sweeheart?

Now, take your thumb out of your mouth, and man up.
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

To fill in the board here about what I'm referring:

Back at the old PMB, there were a few folks who ran the SOG/GOG threads. We updated the votes. We also wrote a small piece on each and every game. There were a few guest stars, to cover vacations and give our minds a break.

But in the SOG/GOG heyday, it was myself and a fellow who went by a number of screen names, but I'll just call him Lurkers for the one I remember best.

Between he and I, we ran that thread for a few years, and received many compliments. We also did a year end write up on the Goat of the Year and Star of the Year, which he and I split duties on.

Through it all, there was a lot of arguments when a person would vote for whoever, and was challenged. Some people were flat out A-holes, primarily three people who were big baseball fans, but also grade A trolls (21thebest, gamecockfan, Alvarez).

Then there was Shedman, whose nick then was kovalwat. There is no debating his being a Pirate fan. However, in the GOG thread, he was a constant troll of his own, along with a couple of others, who wanted to continually vote Neal Huntington for GOG each and every loss.

It was this kind of trolling that really sapped the spirit of the two people who put so much work into something that was meant to be enjoyable. But just like most social gatherings, there's always some a-hole or two to ruin it.

No matter what kind of spin Shed may want to put on things, the facts remain. He initiated the SOG/GOG which was admirable. However, just like on the old PMB, he only wants things done his way.

Now that he has someone on his ass about the way things are being done, he can't handle the heat. Yet he had no problem being a troll day in and day out, season after season.

Eventually he got his wish. FO people were allowed to be voted for. It was allowed for people to vote for more than a split vote (this is why I voted 6 people one time, just to prove a point). What happened?

All the guys sporting Nutting Busting Avatars voted NH GOG each and every time. Other trolls took to voting odd numbers. It proved my point that without some form of rigid structure, even some of the more moderate and well behaved posters couldn't resist but to turn the thing into a joke.

At which point, it was abandoned, because of people like Shed.

Go ahead, refute what I just wrote Shed. I'm sure your sycophant will back you up, but he has no cred here anyhow.
DemDog

SOG/GOG

Post by DemDog »

Since this is not the old PMB board and this thread has become very troll some and also a big pissing match I am locking the thread.