Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Game Day Thread Reds vs. Bucs 5/12/2021

Post by Surgnbuck »

Newman pops out. Fraziers last chance to keep the streak alive
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Although it doesn't matter now, great (sic) maneuvering by Shelton to use Stokes as a PH and not manipulate the line-up so he can remain as the runner at second, and to replace him with who is likely the slowest player on the team, Perez, as the runner on second. Yep, that really increased the team's chances of scoring in the bottom of the 10th.

Stokes could have replaced Gamel in LF, Stallings could have taken Perez's spot, and the pitcher could have slotted into Gamel's spot in the batting order.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Thats all she wrote
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

604C4443486F584E5E2D0 wrote: Although it doesn't matter now, great (sic) maneuvering by Shelton to use Stokes as a PH and not manipulate the line-up so he can remain as the runner at second, and to replace him with who is likely the slowest player on the team, Perez, as the runner on second.  Yep, that really increased the team's chances of scoring in the bottom of the 10th.

Stokes could have replaced Gamel in LF, Stallings could have taken Perez's spot, and the pitcher could have slotted into Gamel's spot in the batting order.
It was not a managerial clinic between Bell and Shelton thats for sure
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

507C7473785F687E6E1D0 wrote: Bad day for Underwood, and unfortunately, bad extra innings performance for the Pirates.
I'm not sure how Underwood can hold his head up, we fight all day long and the guy just was awful. These players need to let him know they expect better and if he can't get it done he needs to get the hell out.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3A222027273021263B3A2C490 wrote: Bad day for Underwood, and unfortunately, bad extra innings performance for the Pirates.
I'm not sure how Underwood can hold his head up, we fight all day long and the guy just was awful.  These players need to let him know they expect better and if he can't get it done he needs to get the hell out.
After Underwood began the inning with 2 singles and a walk, why was he left in the game? Stratton had only thrown 17 pitches the day before. And they cut Feliz (who was pitching uncharacteristically well) for Hartlieb and then let him also sit and watch Underwood self destruct. With Underwood floundering in the 10th, ya gotta try something! But this is the same manager who benched Frasier, Reynolds and Stallings together and concocted an embarrassing lineup so I guess we can't be surprised about anything.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0F222F3E39283F7F7C4D0 wrote: Bad day for Underwood, and unfortunately, bad extra innings performance for the Pirates.
I'm not sure how Underwood can hold his head up, we fight all day long and the guy just was awful.  These players need to let him know they expect better and if he can't get it done he needs to get the hell out.
After Underwood began the inning with 2 singles and a walk, why was he left in the game? Stratton had only thrown 17 pitches the day before. And they cut Feliz (who was pitching uncharacteristically well) for Hartlieb and then let him also sit and watch Underwood self destruct. With Underwood floundering in the 10th, ya gotta try something! [highlight]But this is the same manager who benched Frasier, Reynolds and Stallings together and concocted an embarrassing lineup so I guess we can't be surprised about anything.[/highlight] 

If someone asked you to make a line-up that would give the team the best chance of losing, yesterday's would be a pretty good choice. The goal in 2021 is to lose. Shelton was just making sure.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

683E283C332939323F281A3D373B333674395A0 wrote: Bad day for Underwood, and unfortunately, bad extra innings performance for the Pirates.
After Underwood began the inning with 2 singles and a walk, why was he left in the game? Stratton had only thrown 17 pitches the day before. And they cut Feliz (who was pitching uncharacteristically well) for Hartlieb and then let him also sit and watch Underwood self destruct. With Underwood floundering in the 10th, ya gotta try something! [highlight]But this is the same manager who benched Frasier, Reynolds and Stallings together and concocted an embarrassing lineup so I guess we can't be surprised about anything.[/highlight] 

If someone asked you to make a line-up that would give the team the best chance of losing, yesterday's would be a pretty good choice. The goal in 2021 is to lose.  Shelton was just making sure.
In the 2nd inning with runners at 2B and 3B and 1 out, they had Perez and Cahill coming up. That didn't look good but then I looked over the rest of the lineup and thought, "Aw, what's the difference? Perez and Cahill are as good as anyone else." :(
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

210C01101706115152630 wrote: Bad day for Underwood, and unfortunately, bad extra innings performance for the Pirates.

If someone asked you to make a line-up that would give the team the best chance of losing, yesterday's would be a pretty good choice. The goal in 2021 is to lose.  Shelton was just making sure.
In the 2nd inning with runners at 2B and 3B and 1 out, they had Perez and Cahill coming up. That didn't look good but then I looked over the rest of the lineup and thought, "Aw, what's the difference? Perez and Cahill are as good as anyone else."  :(

Pretty sad. I've made up my mind not to get angry over what's taking place this year. It's not worth it to invest myself in that way. My wife would ask me to move into the garage.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7D2B3D29263C2C272A3D0F28222E2623612C4F0 wrote: Bad day for Underwood, and unfortunately, bad extra innings performance for the Pirates.

In the 2nd inning with runners at 2B and 3B and 1 out, they had Perez and Cahill coming up. That didn't look good but then I looked over the rest of the lineup and thought, "Aw, what's the difference? Perez and Cahill are as good as anyone else."  :(

Pretty sad.  I've made up my mind not to get angry over what's taking place this year.  It's not worth it to invest myself in that way.  My wife would ask me to move into the garage.
I understand that the team is very bad and not capable of winning many games. So I don't get upset just because they lose. But when they lose because the manager failed to make an effort to win, it's very annoying. When the manager looks at his weak roster and benches the only 3 guys who have been hitting and then puts together a lineup without them that was little better than having 9 pitchers bat, then fans have a right to be angry. Losing is one thing. Not even trying is something else.

Also, I doubt the Cards and Brewers appreciate Shelton not even making an effort to beat he Reds.