Official Game Thread - 4/6 - Bucs @ Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I have no idea if Shelton is going to be a good manager or not, but I do know that NO MANAGER can be competitive when he's given a roster with ZERO proven major league caliber starting pitchers and a bad offense that is almost totally devoid of power.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

0624372A292C2B24073026262A450 wrote: I have no idea if Shelton is going to be a good manager or not, but I do know that NO MANAGER can be competitive when he's given a roster with ZERO proven major league caliber starting pitchers and a bad offense that is almost totally devoid of power.

that's because you (and me and most fans) define successful manager as a winning manager.

I think the goals are different this season. Really neither Alford or Fowler has shown they deserve to be in the majors but the Bucs need to see if either has an MLB future. This team has a lot of pitchers in same boat.

I think this is a lost year as far as wins goes, we'll see if the talent level in the organization improves. A lot depends on O'Neil Cruz, Swaggerty, Oliva, showing they are players.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This starting pitching is absolutely horrific. At some point one of these guys has to be able to pitch at least 6 innings and give this bullpen a break. If they continue to go at this pace all season with this starting pitching this team will lose 115-120 games easily.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

40677672776A55617677776A130 wrote: This starting pitching is absolutely horrific. At some point one of these guys has to be able to pitch at least 6 innings and give this bullpen a break. If they continue to go at this pace all season with this starting pitching this team will lose 115-120 games easily.

Not only that, but the bullpen guys will all lose a year of service this year because they're going to pitch the equivalent of two seasons worth of innings.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

0F28393D38251A2E393838255C0 wrote: This starting pitching is absolutely horrific. At some point one of these guys has to be able to pitch at least 6 innings and give this bullpen a break. If they continue to go at this pace all season with this starting pitching this team will lose 115-120 games easily.

I'm sure at some point we will win two in a row but with our staff it may not happen very often.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This is what I talked about constantly during spring training ...

WE ARE ENTERING A 162-GAME SEASON WITH ZERO LEGITIMATE STARTING PITCHERS.

ZERO.

None of our pitchers are good enough to be a starting pitcher on a good team.

I don't see how this team wins 50 games with NO PITCHING.

Will be "fun" to see how well Musgrove, Taillon and Williams do this year.