The other games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

07393C34273F3F341431263562500 wrote: Cubs score 2 runs on the same wild pitch
Could you explain how that happened
With runners at 2nd and 3rd and the pitcher batting, the catcher chased down the wild pitch and threw to the plate where the pitcher was covering as the runner from 3B was scoring. The pitcher couldn't handle the throw and it bounced away toward the dugout as the other runner scored while they were chasing down the ball.
Cutch might be coming out of his slump. In two of his last three games, he has led off with a HR. Also, thanks for the explanation concerning the wild pitch
Wow, Cutch just hit another one.2-2 both bombs. And against doc's beloved Brewers
Bobster21

The other games

Post by Bobster21 »

Huascar Ynoa started for the Braves and gave up 1 (unearned) run in 7 innings. He also crushed a grand slam HR 427 feet to CF. Fans who saw that will remember it as long as they live. I think those rare but impressive moments are well worth the times we see pitchers flail away at pitches. I wouldn't trade those moments for a daily batter who doesn't play in the field.

Also Dylan Cease started for the White Sox and pitched 6 shutout innings striking out 11 in an interleague game in Cincinnati. He had never batted professionally and not competitively since high school. Cease went 3 for 3 with a double and 2 singles.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0F222F3E39283F7F7C4D0 wrote: Huascar Ynoa started for the Braves and gave up 1 (unearned) run in 7 innings. He also crushed a grand slam HR 427 feet to CF. Fans who saw that will remember it as long as they live. I think those rare but impressive moments are well worth the times we see pitchers flail away at pitches. I wouldn't trade those moments for a daily batter who doesn't play in the field.

Also Dylan Cease started for the White Sox and pitched 6 shutout innings striking out 11 in an interleague game in Cincinnati. He had never batted professionally and not competitively since high school. Cease went 3 for 3 with a double and 2 singles.   

Oh, the DH is much better. ::)
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

366076626D77676C6176446369656D682A67040 wrote: Huascar Ynoa started for the Braves and gave up 1 (unearned) run in 7 innings. He also crushed a grand slam HR 427 feet to CF. Fans who saw that will remember it as long as they live. I think those rare but impressive moments are well worth the times we see pitchers flail away at pitches. I wouldn't trade those moments for a daily batter who doesn't play in the field.

Oh, the DH is much better.   ::)

Pitchers hitting better than Polanco. Guess that's not unusual!!
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

5C62676F7C64646F4F6A7D6E390B0 wrote: Huascar Ynoa started for the Braves and gave up 1 (unearned) run in 7 innings. He also crushed a grand slam HR 427 feet to CF. Fans who saw that will remember it as long as they live. I think those rare but impressive moments are well worth the times we see pitchers flail away at pitches. I wouldn't trade those moments for a daily batter who doesn't play in the field.

Maybe Polanco could pitch better than some of the pitchers.
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Blue Jays to begin playing their games in Buffalo starting June 1st. I think I'm ready for a road trip.
Ecbucs

The other games

Post by Ecbucs »

6335233738223239342311363C30383D7F32510 wrote: Huascar Ynoa started for the Braves and gave up 1 (unearned) run in 7 innings. He also crushed a grand slam HR 427 feet to CF. Fans who saw that will remember it as long as they live. I think those rare but impressive moments are well worth the times we see pitchers flail away at pitches. I wouldn't trade those moments for a daily batter who doesn't play in the field.

I've heard he has a good change up.
GreenWeenie

The other games

Post by GreenWeenie »

4A6C6B7E777B6C7A72190 wrote: Blue Jays to begin playing their games in Buffalo starting June 1st. I think I'm ready for a road trip.

What's this i hear about some road trip?
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

5C7A7D68616D7A6C640F0 wrote: Blue Jays to begin playing their games in Buffalo starting June 1st. I think I'm ready for a road trip.

Saw a game there when McCutchen and Walker were in Triple A. Nice little park, and Buffalo is a very underrated city. You should have a good time.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

725455425444370 wrote: Huascar Ynoa started for the Braves and gave up 1 (unearned) run in 7 innings. He also crushed a grand slam HR 427 feet to CF. Fans who saw that will remember it as long as they live. I think those rare but impressive moments are well worth the times we see pitchers flail away at pitches. I wouldn't trade those moments for a daily batter who doesn't play in the field.

I've heard he has a good change up.

He'd just end up needing Tommy John after two starts.