Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Official Game Thread - 7/26 - Bucs @ Padres

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Shelton not managing today was a big plus
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7F41444C5F47474C6C495E4D1A280 wrote: Who thinks that Soto was walked on purpose?
No doubt.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

This might be of interest. With the Padres mega million payroll they have 4 more wins than the Bucs. Padres 49-54 Bucs 45-57

Surprised Padres manager, Bob Melvin, hasn't been canned yet
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

37090C04170F0F042401160552600 wrote: Who thinks that Soto was walked on purpose?

If that was the strategy, it had its risks. His walk moved the tying run to third and the winning run into scoring position. Soto absolutely was the last guy the Pirates wanted hitting. But, even though Bednar had to be running on fumes, he stood a better chance to get both Kohlwey and Grisham out than retiring Soto. It ended up working out that way so, whoever came up with the plan to walk Soto, deserves some of the credit for the win.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

47797C74677F7F745471667522100 wrote: This might be of interest. With the Padres mega million payroll they have 4 more wins than the Bucs. Padres 49-54 Bucs 45-57

Aside from Darvish, I thought most of the Padre pitchers did pretty well —- and the Bucs still won two of three. And the Padre’s lineup….they all dance well.

Hopefully the Bucs’ pieces are slowly coming together.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

51567A6D7B180 wrote: This might be of interest. With the Padres mega million payroll they have 4 more wins than the Bucs. Padres 49-54 Bucs 45-57

Aside from Darvish, I thought most of the Padre pitchers did pretty well —- and the Bucs still won two of three.  And the Padre’s lineup….they all dance well.

Hopefully the Bucs’ pieces are slowly coming together.

The more at bats the young guys get the quicker they get to being competitive major leaguers. They’re going to mess up a lot, like almost all young players do but, by the end of September, I think we’ll be able to see progress with them, which puts them that much further along come next April.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

No idea why I was getting an error and couldn't join the board. Glad there was a lot of commentary, thanks for PBP Doc, and everyone chipping in.

Had class tonight, so the Bucs were up 2-1 at that point, had testing after class for a good while. Good to see the Bucs hung on.

5-1 against the Padres.

3-4 against the Dodgers.

2-4 against the Giants.

2-4 against the Diamondbacks.

4-2 against the Rockies.

16-15 against the NL West. So, if records versus a division were like winning a series, we won one!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4C6A6D78717D6A7C741F0 wrote: No idea why I was getting an error and couldn't join the board. Glad there was a lot of commentary, thanks for PBP Doc, and everyone chipping in.

Had class tonight, so the Bucs were up 2-1 at that point, had testing after class for a good while. Good to see the Bucs hung on.

5-1 against the Padres.

3-4 against the Dodgers.

2-4 against the Giants.

2-4 against the Diamondbacks.

4-2 against the Rockies.

16-15 against the NL West. So, if records versus a division were like winning a series, we won one!
I am still getting the error and had to switch to Safari
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

37090C04170F0F042401160552600 wrote:

Have you made any recent changes with your computer? For example, I recently added VPN for security but then found some sites are not compatible with it and I have turn to off VPN to access those sites.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

6C414C5D5A4B5C1C1F2E0 wrote:

Have you made any recent changes with your computer? For example, I recently added VPN for security but then found some sites are not compatible with it and I have turn to off VPN to access those sites.
No changes to anything. It's the same thing on my phone. I can get to this page, the forum page on both. I get the error on my phone and PC for the home page that supposed to load for onlybucs.net