Official Game Thread - 4/25 - Bucs @ Twins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4453455510161117111F260 wrote: When this team was 1-6 I would have bet A LOT of money they would never see .500 again.

They have really proven me wrong.

And the bullpen has truly been LIGHTS OUT.

I don't know how long it can possibly last, but right now it feels like when this team leads after 5 innings the ballgame is over. And that's a good feeling.

Yep, if I'm being honest I was not going to even follow baseball. I would check out just how bad we were once a month. This is nothing short of amazing after being compared to the 69 Mets. I wonder if the players took offense to being predicted to suck and have stepped it up???? At the moment I have a strange feeling this will last but time will tell. I think they can keep it going as well. This team right now is playing with a ton of confidence and the longer this can last the more games they will be in night in and night out and have a chance to win. This bullpen is very very good and the longer they can keep this going the more games they are gonna win. Hopefully Hayes comes back soon because I really want to see how well this team plays with Hayes back in the lineup everyday.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

7F525F4E49584F0F0C3D0 wrote: When this team was 1-6 I would have bet A LOT of money they would never see .500 again.

They have really proven me wrong.

And the bullpen has truly been LIGHTS OUT.

I don't know how long it can possibly last, but right now it feels like when this team leads after 5 innings the ballgame is over. And that's a good feeling.

Yep, if I'm being honest I was not going to even follow baseball. I would check out just how bad we were once a month. This is nothing short of amazing after being compared to the 69 Mets. I wonder if the players took offense to being predicted to suck and have stepped it up???? At the moment I have a strange feeling this will last but time will tell.
I think you meant the 62 Mets. The WS winning 69 Mets wouldn't be so bad.  ;D

Good catch!
mouse

Post by mouse »

I don't think the rebuild is over yet. I expect a number of trades (if players are doing well) when we approach the trade deadline. Those trades, if they do occur, will likely affect the relief pitching and perhaps a few key positions as well.
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

2E2C363026430 wrote: I don't think the rebuild is over yet. I expect a number of trades (if players are doing well) when we approach the trade deadline. Those trades, if they do occur, will likely affect the relief pitching and perhaps a few key positions as well.

If they don't trade RichRod and A. Frazier they're crazy. Maybe Moran, too, if he keeps hitting, although I'm on the fence with that one.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

535F565B4C104A5753514A56470C0E7E59533E0 wrote: I don't think the rebuild is over yet. I expect a number of trades (if players are doing well) when we approach the trade deadline. Those trades, if they do occur, will likely affect the relief pitching and perhaps a few key positions as well.

If they don't trade RichRod and A. Frazier they're crazy. Maybe Moran, too, if he keeps hitting, although I'm on the fence with that one.
At this point, the bucs better get a decent return for each.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5559505D4A164C5155574C50410A08785F55380 wrote: I don't think the rebuild is over yet. I expect a number of trades (if players are doing well) when we approach the trade deadline. Those trades, if they do occur, will likely affect the relief pitching and perhaps a few key positions as well.

This is completely correct. This team in no way can compete for a pennant. At least four, if not six, of the positions need upgraded in a serious way, and this rotation is not a title-winning rotation in any shape or form.