9/24 vs Chicago

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

9/24 vs Chicago

Post by Bobster21 »

A pair of 14 game winners for Bucs with a chance to each win 15.
CarolinaBucco

9/24 vs Chicago

Post by CarolinaBucco »

In the Cubs last 5 games vs the Pirates, they have scored exactly 5 runs ... 1 solo HR in each game.

That's it.

Pretty impressive.
Bobster21

9/24 vs Chicago

Post by Bobster21 »

Cervelli's HR left the park and hit a parked car outside of Wrigley.
ScottinMass

9/24 vs Chicago

Post by ScottinMass »

0123302D2E2B2C23003721212D420 wrote: In the Cubs last 5 games vs the Pirates, they have scored exactly 5 runs ... 1 solo HR in each game.

That's it.

Pretty impressive.
And if I'm not mistaken, Pirates lost at least 2 of those games. Ugh!
MaineBucs

9/24 vs Chicago

Post by MaineBucs »

I don't like the Cubs.

I don't like the Brewers.

I don't like the Cardinals because they have beaten the Pirates all too often.

And, even though they have fallen on hard times in recent years, I don't like the Reds because of what happened in the 70's.

I have generally come to the conclusion that I don't like any other team in the NL Central. And, don't get me started about the Dodgers, Yankees and others.

But --- I really don't like some of the swagger that some Cub players and their manager parade around all too often. Thus, I want the Bucs to take it to the Cubs in all 3 games this week and for the Brewers to go on a roll and sneak into first. I would like to see the Cubs' manager explain that one.

Oh --- and exactly how many pitching changes did he make last night against a Pirate line-up that featured quite a few rookies. Cubs lost, Bucs win. Great pitching by Tallion.
SammyKhalifa

9/24 vs Chicago

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Even worse than the players and manager are their fans.
SCBucco

9/24 vs Chicago

Post by SCBucco »

3631272F2136717D042329252D286A272B29440 wrote: Reyes continues to impress.  Big insurance run.

I have more faith in him as the 4th OF than I do Luplow. I actually like Reyes.
DemDog

9/24 vs Chicago

Post by DemDog »

I do like the Cards but mostly for sentimental reasons. They had a Class C (Class A now) in Scottdale. This was long before I was born. But got to know a guy who played here in the 30's as an old guy playing fast pitch softball in our local church league. Guy was something else. He could still bring it underhanded at age 65 and could hit the ball a far distance.

But my real other favorite in the NL is the Mets. I got on their bandwagon in 1967 while in college. My room mate was a Mets fan from Central Pa and we listened to some of their games.

No matter what other teams there are though the Buccos and their long legend are still #1 in my heart. And as my daughter says: "Cubs Fans Suck!"