Official Game Thread - Bucs vs Reds 9/3

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Syrbucco wrote: “Kebron is not the second coming, no matter how hard Pirate announcers tried to make us believe such. And, regardless of how well he fields, he really needs to improve his stroke to the .280, 30+ doubles and 15 - 20 HR's for him to be a long-term solution at 3rd. I am hoping that his problems at the plate were mostly related to his wrist injury.”

This got me thinking about one last BIG trade: Hayes + Newman for a #2 or 3 major league ready starter.

I’m a little nervous that Hayes may underwhelm like Bell and Pedro. But surely he would be a significant trade chip. Bottom line, the Pirates infield at the minors is loaded. We obviously need a quality pitcher, It won’t be cheap. Hayes may be that chip.

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

First, it's not only the announcers who have been pimping Hayes.

It would take more than just him and Newman to give up a 3 unless I knew that i was unable to re-sign him.

And, if some other team's unable to extend a guy.....
rucker59@gmail.com

4D786F6F645D6F6F64636F0A0 wrote: First, it's not only the announcers who have been pimping Hayes. 

It would take more than just him and Newman to give up a 3 unless I knew that i was unable to re-sign him.

Add another prospect if need be. The real point is, is it worth considering trading Hays given the prospects right behind him?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

5453454D4354131F66414B474F4A0845494B260 wrote: First, it's not only the announcers who have been pimping Hayes. 

Add another prospect if need be.  The real point is, is it worth considering trading Hays given the prospects right behind him?

I'd be open to something like that- Hayes + X or 2X to improve at P, or even another position.  Regardless of how we do it, we must improve the 2022 team.

Obviously, I'm only one guy. 
rucker59@gmail.com

023720202B1220202B2C20450 wrote: First, it's not only the announcers who have been pimping Hayes. 

Add another prospect if need be.  The real point is, is it worth considering trading Hays given the prospects right behind him?

I'd be open to something like that- Hayes + X or 2X to improve at P, or even another position.  Regardless of how we do it, we must improve the 2022 team.

Obviously, I'm only one guy. 

Right. Improve the 2022 team so that the 2023 team is ready to at least chase a WC! 8-)
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

That would be my thing, too.

The game's funny, as we all know.  Maybe if other teams drop a little, and we get a little better, you never know who can sneak in.

I was surprised when we made the WCG that first year.  I thought we were still a year away, and the team proved me way wrong. 

2022's important, IMO.