Official Game Thread - 7/3 - Bucs vs Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

I guess the only good thing about this nightmare is if the BUCS ever play .500 ball an entire season that would feel like winning a World Series.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I was at the game yesterday and you can truly see just how overmatched and bad the Pirates are especially in the starting pitching department. I mean other than JT Brubaker who has not been great recently who else in this rotation right now looks like a guy you can depend on moving forward the next 2-3 years. I know the farm system is ranked in the top 4 or 5 in baseball but at some point as well the Pirates have to go spend some money and go sign some Major League talent to help this roster out. It’s just very sad now going to these games and seeing hardly any good crowds at them and just how bad this team truly is with just no end in sight really for at least the next few seasons.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1E383F2A232F382E264D0 wrote: I see that the usually dependable top three in the order have done their impression of the bottom six today.  That’s not good.
Hayes is clueless right now but Fraziet and Reynolds were victims of the old attem ball a couple times each.

Too bad Shed didn't take my offer. He would have fit right in with everyone around me.

Multiple Sheds is one scary thought.

There was some disagreement amongst them regarding Polanco. Some feel we should keep him some felt he would bring some good prospects.

Because you know.....salary=performance

Bring good prospects?!? Do they have cocaine vendors at the park this year?

I love the "salary=performance" theory. ::)
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

If you can't be good, at least be interesting.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

0E28293E28384B0 wrote: Arizona's run differential is now only 4 runs worse than the Bucs. 

It's astonishing how bad they are. On track for 44-118. Still, I think them no worse than even money against the Pirates. We have years of experience at this.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Ha-ha. the joke's on the Brewers. 11-2? That's nothing! We've been beaten better than that! The Braves beat us 20-1. The Reds beat us 14-1. Twice! Heck, the Rockies beat us 8-0 and nearly no hit us! At Coors Field for gosh sakes! The Brewers are gonna have to do better than that!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Ponce has now given up 21 hits and 12 ERs in 9.2 innings. Pretty impressive.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I've never rubbed salt into any of my wounds, but I just might after reading that.

It will make me feel better. :(