Official Game Thread - 6/25 - Bucs @ Marlins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Will somebody please tape Capp’s mouth shut

If I hear him praise Hedges defense one more time, I’m going to throw up in my mouth!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Capps being way too much of an apologist for Hedges right now. It's obvious he's addressing what the entire world of baseball is talking about, how important is he really? He doesn't throw out anyone hardly (blame the pitchers!), he's thrown at least into CF, he has 4 catcher interference, and he's batting .162, and some stat head is going to tell me about pitch framing?

We know awful when we see it. If he's so valuable, he should be the first guy traded this season, because the league has to be knocking on his door.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

44616262775C61696B7C0E0 wrote: Will somebody please tape Capp’s mouth shut

If I hear him praise Hedges defense one more time, I’m going to throw up in my mouth!
it must be our avatars, we're on the same wavelength lol
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

another fine display of hitting by Hedges.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bae, Suwinski, Castro, and Hedges are now 0-9 with six strikeouts.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6F494E5B525E495F573C0 wrote: Capps being way too much of an apologist for Hedges right now. It's obvious he's addressing what the entire world of baseball is talking about, how important is he really? He doesn't throw out anyone hardly (blame the pitchers!), he's thrown at least into CF, he has 4 catcher interference, and he's batting .162, and some stat head is going to tell me about pitch framing?

We know awful when we see it. If he's so valuable, he should be the first guy traded this season, because the league has to be knocking on his door.

I can't wait for teams that want to improve their catching get into a bidding war to get Hedges. Who knows, it might be taking place behind closed doors right now.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Cutch must be feeling what I'm talking about, he strikes out swinging from the heels.

8 k's by Eury Perez, 6 of them are the Fantastic Flubs
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

It's starting, Oviedo is trying to pitch too fine, you could see this coming
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

577170677161120 wrote: Capps being way too much of an apologist for Hedges right now. It's obvious he's addressing what the entire world of baseball is talking about, how important is he really? He doesn't throw out anyone hardly (blame the pitchers!), he's thrown at least into CF, he has 4 catcher interference, and he's batting .162, and some stat head is going to tell me about pitch framing?

I can't wait for teams that want to improve their catching get into a bidding war to get Hedges.  Who knows, it might be taking place behind closed doors right now.

I hate when they have that camera angle from behind the plate during a pitch, because I don't get to admire the beauty of Hedges pitch framing
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pirates made a trade today, 3P3 posting on the roster thread. Pick up Andre Jackson for cash, optioned to AAA.

Mathias DFA to make room on the 40 man.