Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by GreenWeenie »

Sadly, I remember those. I'd have to think a long time before I could name any type of office equipment that has caused more frustration for me over the years than copy machines.

Anyway, here's the story. I go over to Wildwood to watch 21st Century Dave coach his Wildwood Lady Warriors. He's on the sidelines yelling, yelling, yelling. The girls weren't at their best that night.

He was so mad after a turnover, he yells, "Why don't you just TELEGRAPH it the next time?"

I look around the stands- and his bench. Everybody's asking, "What's he MEAN?" ;))))
WildwoodDave

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by WildwoodDave »

7D485F5F546D5F5F54535F3A0 wrote: Sadly, I remember those.  I'd have to think a long time before I could name any type of office equipment that has caused more frustration for me over the years than copy machines. 

Anyway, here's the story.  I go over to Wildwood to watch 21st Century Dave coach his Wildwood Lady Warriors.  He's on the sidelines yelling, yelling, yelling.  The girls weren't at their best that night.

He was so mad after a turnover, he yells, "Why don't you just TELEGRAPH it the next time?"

I look around the stands- and his bench.  Everybody's asking, "What's he MEAN?"  ;))))
Yep, I remember that night well. What I remember most was that you weren't really watching the game. You had your eyes on the female coach of the opposition
WildwoodDave

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by WildwoodDave »

5C7D755C777F180 wrote: 21st century coaching.

You're the guy who was asking a bunch of HS kids why they were teleGRAPHing plays. 

They've never even heard of FAX machines, FCOL.  ;)))

FAX machines?  Huh, I remember when I got my first photocopy machine in the early 70's.  It cost a fortune and it used thermal paper that came in big rolls.  When you made that copy you just tore it off the roll like you would a sheet of toilet paper! 
Possum, when I would mention "phone booth" to the kids, they would say, "coach, what is that?"
DemDog

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by DemDog »

4C72777F6C74747F5F7A6D7E1B0 wrote: 21st century coaching.

You're the guy who was asking a bunch of HS kids why they were teleGRAPHing plays. 

They've never even heard of FAX machines, FCOL.  ;)))

FAX machines?  Huh, I remember when I got my first photocopy machine in the early 70's.  It cost a fortune and it used thermal paper that came in big rolls.  When you made that copy you just tore it off the roll like you would a sheet of toilet paper! 
Possum, when I would mention "phone booth" to the kids, they would say, "coach, what is that?"

Ah, the phone booth. When I was in college many, many moons ago the phone both and a bag full of quarters, nickels and dimes were the "love" line to Mrs. Possum while she was in school in Pgh. No matter the weather I would walk across the campus to a phone booth and call her just like clockwork each week. Yes, the kids of today sure as heck have it lucky with communication.
Javy

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by Javy »

152B2E26352D2D2606233427420 wrote: Sadly, I remember those.  I'd have to think a long time before I could name any type of office equipment that has caused more frustration for me over the years than copy machines. 

Anyway, here's the story.  I go over to Wildwood to watch 21st Century Dave coach his Wildwood Lady Warriors.  He's on the sidelines yelling, yelling, yelling.  The girls weren't at their best that night.

I look around the stands- and his bench.  Everybody's asking, "What's he MEAN?"  ;))))
Yep, I remember that night well. What I remember most was that you weren't really watching the game. You had your eyes on the female coach of the opposition

Isn't it odd though, there were 2 people in the gym that night that knew what you meant, and the other one is being critical of YOU?
GreenWeenie

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by GreenWeenie »

6B405758210 wrote: Sadly, I remember those.  I'd have to think a long time before I could name any type of office equipment that has caused more frustration for me over the years than copy machines. 

Isn't it odd though, there were 2 people in the gym that night that knew what you meant, and the other one is being critical of YOU?

Javy,

I had no idea what a telegraph was, either.

When his kids looked so bewildered, I asked myself, "What would JAVY do?"

Pulled out my phone and GOOGLED it.
Bobster21

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by Bobster21 »

6D584F4F447D4F4F44434F2A0 wrote: Sadly, I remember those.  I'd have to think a long time before I could name any type of office equipment that has caused more frustration for me over the years than copy machines. 

Javy,

I thought it was still a common expression to say you are telegraphing something when you are giving away a secret. A pitcher can be telegraphing his pitches, which is another way of saying tipping his pitches. A boxer could be telegraphing a certain punch with the with the way he moves. A poker player with a "tell" is telegraphing what he's going to do. I hear that expression used frequently when watching sports.
GreenWeenie

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by GreenWeenie »

Common among 80 year olds, maybe.
Bobster21

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by Bobster21 »

665344444F7644444F4844210 wrote:

Common among 80 year olds, maybe.
You dang fool youngins. :)
Javy

Danny Murtaugh- HOFer?

Post by Javy »

774255555E6755555E5955300 wrote: Sadly, I remember those.  I'd have to think a long time before I could name any type of office equipment that has caused more frustration for me over the years than copy machines. 

Javy,

Wow, that's weak!!

I didn't even have a phone that I could use Google on until a couple months ago! Mine was a slide phone - didn't even have a flip phone!