Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 8/2 - Bucs @ Brewers

Post by Surgnbuck »

Nogowski one out double...let's bring him around
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

For a moment I thought maybe that Lt. Drebin of Police Squad was masquerading as Kyle Keller when he got the first 2 Brewers out. But a walk, a triple, a HBP and a bases loaded walk assured me that that was the real Kyle Keller. Maybe it's time to cut ties with anyone named Keller.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Kyle Keller, haven't we seen enough of him?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Yesterday Mears masqueraded as a reliever by allowing 3 inherited runners to score and then loading the bases without being charged with a run of his own. But tonight he allows 3 runs of his own (ERA 6.00) to eliminate all doubt as to his ineffectiveness. 
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

496469787F6E79393A0B0 wrote: Yesterday Mears masqueraded as a reliever by allowing 3 inherited runners to score and then loading the bases without being charged with a run of his own. But tonight he allows 3 runs of his own (ERA 6.00) to eliminate all doubt as to his ineffectiveness. 
First three batters in the lineup go a combined 0-12

I thought Wilson pitched well in his debut

Why is Mears on the club?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

625C5951425A5A517154435007350 wrote: Yesterday Mears masqueraded as a reliever by allowing 3 inherited runners to score and then loading the bases without being charged with a run of his own. But tonight he allows 3 runs of his own (ERA 6.00) to eliminate all doubt as to his ineffectiveness. 
[highlight]First three batters in the lineup go a combined 0-12[/highlight]

I thought Wilson pitched well in his debut

Why is Mears on the club?

Without Frazier here getting on base, it's going to become increasingly difficult, and frustrating, for Hayes and Reynolds to see strikes.  Opposing pitchers would be nuts to give either of them anything to hit with no real major league hitter following them.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Initially I was supportive of playing Phil Evans, but lately he has done nothing to help the team. It may be time to cut ties with him, and bring someone up from Indy.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5F5352090009010C0B140E390 wrote: Initially I was supportive of playing Phil Evans, but lately he has done nothing to help the team. It may be time to cut ties with him, and bring someone up from Indy.
I've been saying for a long time Evans had his little run, and it's over. But if having him on the roster keeps Oliva, Tom, Gonzalez off of it, I'm all for it.

At some point Tom, Moran, and Gonzalez will be done with rehab. We know Moran is coming back. Nogowski seems to have planted solid roots. First base is set.

Gamel's bat has played pretty well, and with pop. So has Difo's. There's two versatile guys, one for the outfield, one for many spots. Castro has shown he can play second and third. Park needs to get some more AB's and if he can hit, there's another SS.

Effectively, Tom and Gonzalez have been replaced, and I see no need for either of them to come up.

When Moran is ready, that will probably toll the bell for Evans. Evans is already getting the Tucker treatment now.