GreenWeenie

Official Game Thread - 8/7 - Bucs @ Reds

Post by GreenWeenie »

J.T. (Just Ten) BooMaker to Bobster:

"Mediocre? I'll show you MEDIOCRE."
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

At least Hayes got a couple of hits . He is starting to remind me of Jeff King in the beginning.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

207660747B61717A776052757F737B7E3C71120 wrote: OK ... people have said that 2022 will be better.  With very few options ready to infiltrate this lousy starting rotation, [highlight]can someone explain how next year will be better.[/highlight]  We won't be adding anyone good in free agency and out pick ups will be off the bone pile.

Can you ask a question that’s easier to answer, like, how big is space”?

LMAO

Hilarious response
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

The Reds have outscored the Pirates, 68-21, in their eight games this year. It's the Reds' largest run differential (+47) against a single opponent through eight games since the 1911 Boston Rustlers (+55), according to STATS LLC.

Boston Rustlers?  I'm not sure if even Doc remembers the Boston Rustlers.  @@@@  To be a rustler, one must rustle.  I didn't even know what "rustle" means.  I had to look it up.  It means "to round up and steal (cattle, horses, or sheep)"

Research shows that, in these modern times, that they rustle them up and put them over @ PNC.   

Anyway....Ouch! 

The 1911 Boston Rustlers season was the 41st season of the franchise. With George Dovey having died in 1909, John Dovey sold the Boston Doves team after the 1910 season to John P. Harris.[1] One month after purchasing the team, Harris sold it to William Hepburn Russell, who changed the team name to the Boston Rustlers and brought back former manager Fred Tenney.[2] Tenney's retirement at the end of the season marked the end of an era, as he was the last player to have been a part of the 1890s dynasty teams. [highlight]Polanco is the Fred Tenney of the Pittsburgh Pirates! [/highlight]

[highlight]In spite of their 44-107 record[/highlight], four players managed to hit over .300 for the season (Buck Herzog and Mike Donlin hit over .300 in part-time roles) led by Doc Miller, who hit .333.[3] Bill Sweeney was the other full-time regular besides Miller to hit over .300, finishing at .314 for the season.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

132631313A0331313A3D31540 wrote: J.T. (Just Ten) BooMaker to Bobster:

"Mediocre?  I'll show you MEDIOCRE."
He's gonna have to improve to achieve mediocrity.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5A6F7878734A78787374781D0 wrote: The Reds have outscored the Pirates, 68-21, in their eight games this year. It's the Reds' largest run differential (+47) against a single opponent through eight games since the 1911 Boston Rustlers (+55), according to STATS LLC.

Boston Rustlers?  I'm not sure if even Doc remembers the Boston Rustlers.  @@@@  To be a rustler, one must rustle.  I didn't even know what "rustle" means.  I had to look it up.  It means "to round up and steal (cattle, horses, or sheep)"

Research shows that, in these modern times, that they rustle them up and put them over @ PNC.   

Anyway....Ouch! 

The 1911 Boston Rustlers season was the 41st season of the franchise. With George Dovey having died in 1909, John Dovey sold the Boston Doves team after the 1910 season to John P. Harris.[1] One month after purchasing the team, Harris sold it to William Hepburn Russell, who changed the team name to the Boston Rustlers and brought back former manager Fred Tenney.[2] Tenney's retirement at the end of the season marked the end of an era, as he was the last player to have been a part of the 1890s dynasty teams.  [highlight]Polanco is the Fred Tenney of the Pittsburgh Pirates!  [/highlight]

[highlight]In spite of their 44-107 record[/highlight], four players managed to hit over .300 for the season (Buck Herzog and Mike Donlin hit over .300 in part-time roles) led by Doc Miller, who hit .333.[3] Bill Sweeney was the other full-time regular besides Miller to hit over .300, finishing at .314 for the season.
I'm offended by the name "Rustlers." It glorifies crime. Why couldn't they have been the Boston Guardians?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

;)

One of your ancestors brought that up.  Sadly, he/him was unable to gather much buy-in.

At least we now know why they keep playing Polanco. In addition to his home runs and base stealing, he is the only remaining tie to our "glory" years.

The way things are going, we may need to keep him a while! ;)