Giancarlo Stanton cleared waivers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

If the Marlins were to trade Stanton all hell would break loose among Marlin fans. New ownership does not need to start out on the wrong foot by doing just what the previous ownership would have done. Get rid of the big contracts and start again. Think of the Bucco trading Cutch right after his MVP season. The Bucco fans would have demolished PNC Park in anger.

In fact I do not see them even dumping Yellich or Osuna any time soon as they can't appear to be repeating the line of the previous ownership.

Never say never though but the Buccos are not the team to go after him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

How many Owners take over and don't rebuild?

We see it not work, but it is tried. I expect the Marlins to make moves once this is all finalized. Stanton might be a tough piece to move with his salary, but I expect the Marlins to start from scratch.

Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

1E3F371E353D5A0 wrote: If the Marlins were to trade Stanton all hell would break loose among Marlin fans.  New ownership does not need to start out on the wrong foot by doing just what the previous ownership would have done.  Get rid of the big contracts and start again.  Think of the Bucco trading Cutch right after his MVP season.  The Bucco fans would have demolished PNC Park in anger.

In fact I do not see them even dumping Yellich or Osuna any time soon as they can't appear to be repeating the line of the previous ownership.

Never say never though but the Buccos are not the team to go after him.

It might not be too bad. I believe that between the Marlins and the Rays, they may have like 8 rabid fans.

;D
BenM

Post by BenM »

Trade or no trade, the Marlins are going to be so handcuffed by the extraordinarily backloaded contract Loria signed him to. Stanton can opt out in 2020, but I don't see him doing that since he is currently scheduled to make $25 million when he is 37.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Did we trade for Stanton yet? I've been checking Twitter but I haven't seen anything about it.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2202110C0D630 wrote: Did we trade for Stanton yet?  I've been checking Twitter but I haven't seen anything about it.
They're working out the final details, e.g., does hell have to be totally frozen over when pigs fly into it?
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

Stanton may demand that he be the only official spokesperson for Primanti Bros.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I hear we passed on Bruce to acquire Stanton.

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Apparently the Pirates plan to acquire Stanton to create a platoon with Polanco. Polanco is the future.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

292E38303E296E621B3C363A3237753834365B0 wrote: Apparently the Pirates plan to acquire Stanton to create a platoon with Polanco.  Polanco is the future.
I'm looking at a 3-way platoon with Stanton, Polanco and Jaso. Hurdle will be the first to realize that Stanton needs plenty of rest, and, hey, ya gotta find a place for Jaso's bat.