Opening Day!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Opening Day!

Post by Surgnbuck »

Who doesn't love Opening Day? This will be an especially great one, after last years delay. All 30 teams.

Some cool info because I have nothing better to do. Opening Day is usually a weather mess, but this year, there is only one game that appears to be in any danger, the Blue Jays-Yankees game.

The Pirates will be playing under sunning, windy, 34 degree skies today, and appears from rotoworld weather info for each game, will be the coldest of venues, though many will be in the 40's.

The warmest? San Diego tops the list followed by, get this, Colorado! I'm guessing not many figured for a 70 degree game for the Rockies when the schedule was announced, I guess the good karma comes from hosting the champion Dodgers.

Four games on ESPN for those with that on their television. MLB didn't give us mlb.tv subscriptions for our season tickets, but as someone who reattached the cord (streaming services+internet were more expensive then crazy good bundle offer from xfinity) it's with my cable package.

Any games besides the Pirates look interesting to you? Nice pitching matchup if the Jays-Yanks game goes. Mets and the late night extension of Lindor, plus the breaking news about the Nats being hit with Covid problems makes that one interesting. A lot of divisional games starting off the year, so I'll probably end my day watching the Astros and A's.

Watching replays of Neil Walker and his 2 Opening Day heroics against the Cubs, especially the 10th inning walk off HR in 2014. Love the slow motion replay as the fans slowly start to rise as Walker heads down the first base line. Very cool stuff indeed.

Weather has been in box scores since 1989 according to the Chicago Tribune, and in home openers when the weather is in the range it will be today for the Cubs and Pirates, the Cubs are 2-4.

Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs!
bucs607179

Opening Day!

Post by bucs607179 »

I have Comcast Xfinity and usually they give you the first week free to try and get you to buy the MLB package but I don't see it on the channels that use to carry it. I was hoping to watch the BUCS today.
Bobster21

Opening Day!

Post by Bobster21 »

486E697C75796E78701B0 wrote: Who doesn't love Opening Day? This will be an especially great one, after last years delay. All 30 teams.

Some cool info because I have nothing better to do. Opening Day is usually a weather mess, but this year, there is only one game that appears to be in any danger, the Blue Jays-Yankees game.

The Pirates will be playing under sunning, windy, 34 degree skies today, and appears from rotoworld weather info for each game, will be the coldest of venues, though many will be in the 40's.

The warmest? San Diego tops the list followed by, get this, Colorado! I'm guessing not many figured for a 70 degree game for the Rockies when the schedule was announced, I guess the good karma comes from hosting the champion Dodgers.

Four games on ESPN for those with that on their television. MLB didn't give us mlb.tv subscriptions for our season tickets, but as someone who reattached the cord (streaming services+internet were more expensive then crazy good bundle offer from xfinity) it's with my cable package.

Any games besides the Pirates look interesting to you? Nice pitching matchup if the Jays-Yanks game goes. Mets and the late night extension of Lindor, plus the breaking news about the Nats being hit with Covid problems makes that one interesting. A lot of divisional games starting off the year, so I'll probably end my day watching the Astros and A's.

Watching replays of Neil Walker and his 2 Opening Day heroics against the Cubs, especially the 10th inning walk off HR in 2014. Love the slow motion replay as the fans slowly start to rise as Walker heads down the first base line. Very cool stuff indeed.

Weather has been in box scores since 1989 according to the Chicago Tribune, and in home openers when the weather is in the range it will be today for the Cubs and Pirates, the Cubs are 2-4.   

Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs!
Being an out of town fan I have the MLB Extra Innings package with my FIOS cable and that includes MLB.TV. The Extra Innings package provides the home team's broadcast but MLB.TV gives the option of either team's TV broadcast and/or overlaying the radio audio (which comes in handy when Joe Block is doing TV). And with the Amazon Firestick I can watch the MLB.TV version on the big screen TV rather than the computer. But it's also nice to be able to watch it via the phone if I go out. So I don't miss much. :)
rucker59@gmail.com

Opening Day!

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Surgnbuck - as a season ticket holder you should have a subscription to MLB.TV which Bobster describes. I got an email from “MLB Scbcriptions” dated 2/23. You may find it in spam.

If you open your MLB.com account, then click on “get started” within the email and it will take you automatically to a confirmation page.
WiffleballHero

Opening Day!

Post by WiffleballHero »

I can't believe you guys are falling for this obvious April Fools joke. "Opening Day," eh? Haha. Everybody knows baseball doesn't start playing regular season games until the end of July.

Next you'll try to convince me Rob Manfred has great ideas.
DemDog

Opening Day!

Post by DemDog »

I am saddened a bit that I won't get to see the game on tv. I will be taking a 90-minute drive north of Pittsburgh for my second dose of COVID vaccine. But you can bet that I will have the game on the radio. Unfortunately, Block will be doing the radio side of the broadcast. Oh well, such is life.
WiffleballHero

Opening Day!

Post by WiffleballHero »

59787059727A1D0 wrote: I am saddened a bit that I won't get to see the game on tv.  I will be taking a 90-minute drive north of Pittsburgh for my second dose of COVID vaccine.  But you can bet that I will have the game on the radio.  Unfortunately, Block will be doing the radio side of the broadcast.  Oh well, such is life. 

The vaccine can produce undesirable side effects such as soreness, fatigue, chills and an overall flu-like feeling. Which, coincidentally, are exactly the same side effects of listening to Joe Block.
Bobster21

Opening Day!

Post by Bobster21 »

003E31313B3235363B3B1F322538570 wrote: I am saddened a bit that I won't get to see the game on tv.  I will be taking a 90-minute drive north of Pittsburgh for my second dose of COVID vaccine.  But you can bet that I will have the game on the radio.  Unfortunately, Block will be doing the radio side of the broadcast.  Oh well, such is life. 

The vaccine can produce undesirable side effects such as soreness, fatigue, chills and an overall flu-like feeling.  Which, coincidentally, are exactly the same side effects of listening to Joe Block.

:D :D :D

This is the Joe Block vaccine.

WiffleballHero

Opening Day!

Post by WiffleballHero »

486568797E6F78383B0A0 wrote:

:D :D :D

This is the Joe Block vaccine.

"Hey Bobster...why are you sitting beside the radio with those pink things crammed in your ears?"

"I'm listening to the Pirates' game."
SammyKhalifa

Opening Day!

Post by SammyKhalifa »

work from home will be so much nicer today. :D

yeah, i only have radio. thats ok.