Bounce back time against Phillies- game 2

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

Post by INbuc »

042223342232410 wrote: CAN NOT BELIEVE our manager is pulling Tallion who has pitched a great game, only 77 pitches, because two runs scored. This pulloen is like a can of gasoline waiting for a match. 

Stupid!!!

Irresponsible.

I totally agree. This is the guy everyone hopes to become the ace of the staff. He needs to learn how to work out of jams.

yep, and everybody but Clint knows the bullpen can't be trusted.

I can't see the game today but vicariously if you all are pissed I am pissed.

Luplow is one of my favorite prospects--- I started voting for him at number 3 in the poll. He has been raking in Indy, but I was surprised they called him up. We already have four OF for 3 spots ...how does he fit In? Another Pirate move.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Interesting AB by Harrison. It demonstrates org philosophy is basically never to sac bunt.

I happen to agree with that approach, but this situation and a couple others in the past 6 weeks definitely confirm it
mouse

Post by mouse »

I'm not sure why he is so drawn to balls outside the strike zone. In the ninth he looked like an over-eager rookie being duped by a savvy pro, swinging at pitches more than a little out of the zone.

All in all, these have been tough games to watch.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

31 losses in their last 45 games. In a normally run organization somebody will usually get fired or lose their job when a team loses this many games in a 7 week span. Not this embarrassment of an organization we will hear tomorrow on Neal’s show how he still thinks the team is in playoff contention and how they still might add at the deadline. Seriously how bad do things have to get here moving forward before something potentially does happen involving somebody or someone losing their job. Losing like this going 14-31 in your last 45 games is simply inexcusable and unacceptable.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

74534246435E61554243435E270 wrote: 31 losses in their last 45 games. In a normally run organization somebody will usually get fired or lose their job when a team loses this many games in a 7 week span. Not this embarrassment of an organization we will hear tomorrow on Neal’s show how he still thinks the team is in playoff contention and how they still might add at the deadline. Seriously how bad do things have to get here moving forward before something potentially does happen involving somebody or someone losing their job. Losing like this going 14-31 in your last 45 games is simply inexcusable and unacceptable.
I think those jobs would be safe at 0-162.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

56716064617C43776061617C050 wrote: 31 losses in their last 45 games. In a normally run organization somebody will usually get fired or lose their job when a team loses this many games in a 7 week span. Not this embarrassment of an organization we will hear tomorrow on Neal’s show how he still thinks the team is in playoff contention and how they still might add at the deadline. Seriously how bad do things have to get here moving forward before something potentially does happen involving somebody or someone losing their job. Losing like this going 14-31 in your last 45 games is simply inexcusable and unacceptable.
I agree with Bobster's post, this only matters if management expects (and demands) better.

I recommend that Freddy be next owner.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

270100170111620 wrote: 31 losses in their last 45 games. In a normally run organization somebody will usually get fired or lose their job when a team loses this many games in a 7 week span. Not this embarrassment of an organization we will hear tomorrow on Neal’s show how he still thinks the team is in playoff contention and how they still might add at the deadline. Seriously how bad do things have to get here moving forward before something potentially does happen involving somebody or someone losing their job. Losing like this going 14-31 in your last 45 games is simply inexcusable and unacceptable.
I agree with Bobster's post, this only matters if management expects (and demands) better.

I recommend that Freddy be next owner.

The sad thing about it ... I think we could get three people on this board to do better jobs than the owner; GM and manager.