Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Bucs Sign Taiwan Pitcher

Post by ChitownBucco »

we got a couple Australians, and a Brazilian this year

GreenWeenie

Bucs Sign Taiwan Pitcher

Post by GreenWeenie »

4863627F647C65497E6868640B0 wrote: we got a couple Australians, and a Brazilian this year

Sounds like Ben's going after SUPERMODELS. Won't take much to make us look better than this year. Maybe they'll put us in the swimsuit edition.
DemDog

Bucs Sign Taiwan Pitcher

Post by DemDog »

I am interested where he will play next season, assuming there is a season. I can see that he will have to be assimilated to the American way of life, he will have to begin learning the language. That could be tough on him if he ends up playing in the Dominican League next year. Having to learn not just baseball but two languages. This certainly will be a test of what BC and his underlings can do to develop these foreign players. At least Taiwan has a history of playing baseball from a young age for their players, unlike Lithuania.
GreenWeenie

Bucs Sign Taiwan Pitcher

Post by GreenWeenie »

The only English he needs to learn is "don't drink & drive" and "stay away from online dating sites." :)

That leaves American Sign Language. The catcher holds his mitt somewhere near the strike zone. He aims for the mitt.
Bobster21

Bucs Sign Taiwan Pitcher

Post by Bobster21 »

271205050E3705050E0905600 wrote: The only English he needs to learn is "don't drink & drive" and "stay away from online dating sites."  :)

That leaves American Sign Language.  The catcher holds his mitt somewhere near the strike zone.  He aims for the mitt.
It seems not many Pirate pitchers know American Sign Language. They led the NL in walks. ;)
GreenWeenie

Bucs Sign Taiwan Pitcher

Post by GreenWeenie »

Just what I needed to hear in the morning. :(((

Did we do ANYTHING particular well? "Excuse Making" wasn't one. We're bad at that, too.

NFWWL. Added another letter. Sigh.
ScottinMass

Bucs Sign Taiwan Pitcher

Post by ScottinMass »

27060E270C04630 wrote: I am interested where he will play next season, assuming there is a season.  I can see that he will have to be assimilated to the American way of life, he will have to begin learning the language.  That could be tough on him if he ends up playing in the Dominican League next year.  Having to learn not just baseball but two languages.  This certainly will be a test of what BC and his underlings can do to develop these foreign players.  At least Taiwan has a history of playing baseball from a young age for their players, unlike Lithuania.
The fact that he is 19 years old would lead me to believe he will be coming to the U.S. Possibly GCL
fjk090852-7

Bucs Sign Taiwan Pitcher

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read that for the 2020-2021 draft teams will not be permitted to trade for additional draft bonus money. This has benefited the Bucs this year, and with a new CBA after the 2021 season I wonder if acquiring additional bonus money will no longer be permitted.