What could we get for Marte

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Post by BenM »

6272734452525E310 wrote: So, I just read on the Atlantic a piece by Jim Bowden

Do you mean The Athletic? I like both, but they are quite different. :)
PMike

Post by PMike »

The Padres just traded for Pham and a prospect from TB. In just a couple of days, the two likely suitors for Marte just made alternate trades for much lesser players. I don't blame the Pirates FO for missing these opportunities, but it is a bummer.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I think there are probably quite a few teams who would see Marte as an upgrade in CF. And more than a few that could offer something good in return.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

6979784F5959553A0 wrote: So, I just read on the Atlantic a piece by Jim Bowden saying a move or two each team should make.  He posed on for everyone, but two for the Bucs.  I love one idea, but hate the other.

Marte to the Reds for Mahle, Winker and India

Bell to the Yanks for Andujar, Voit and Contreras

The problem if we do both of these, we won't, there isn't a catcher or a catching prospect among either deal.  And we don't get a good pitcher for the rotation.
Which one do you hate? ;)
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

16313A19540 wrote: So, I just read on the Atlantic a piece by Jim Bowden

Do you mean The Athletic? I like both, but they are quite different.  :)

LOL ... too funny. Yep.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

7C614547492C0 wrote: The Padres just traded for Pham and a prospect from TB.  In just a couple of days, the two likely suitors for Marte just made alternate trades for much lesser players.  I don't blame the Pirates FO for missing these opportunities, but it is a bummer.

It depends on where they play Pham. I agree though, SD might have been the best match for a good return. I'm sure there are other suitors. Maybe we can get Blake Snell now that he wasn't happy with the Pham deal and went Twitter happy with his displeasure.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

79786372642423170 wrote: So, I just read on the Atlantic a piece by Jim Bowden saying a move or two each team should make.  He posed on for everyone, but two for the Bucs.  I love one idea, but hate the other.

Marte to the Reds for Mahle, Winker and India

Bell to the Yanks for Andujar, Voit and Contreras

The problem if we do both of these, we won't, there isn't a catcher or a catching prospect among either deal.  And we don't get a good pitcher for the rotation.
Which one do you hate? ;)

I love the Yankee idea.