June 7th vs Orioles

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by SteadyFreddy »

These are the kind of moves that usually get a manager fired. Hurdle gets exactly what he deserves here with this.
Osushawn

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by Osushawn »

So much for the vote of confidence
steve49

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by steve49 »

5259515D5859420701764F575E5959185559360 wrote: Wow.

Good job, Watson.

The fastball was working. But left a change up down the middle. Tie game. Unreal.

Yeah .. keep him at closer and save Rivero for the 7th or 8th. Not how the game works dog. I would suggest Hurdle does what around 30 out of the other 32 managers do... your best BP man is your closer.

CarolinaBucco

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Honestly I don't understand this logic.

Watson is throwing BP these days and everyone knows it.

Watson gives up home runs EVERY TIME OUT.

We should have had two wins in Baltimore.

We'll leave town with ZERO wins.

Last night up 4-1 in the 7th.

Tonight up 6-1 in the 8th.

Unreal.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Nicasio and Hudson were used. Barbato was given the chance. Got in trouble. Watson gets the call.

I assume Rivero is not available? I sure hope he is now. I agree this is a move that can get a Manager fired. Unreal.

I wonder if Watson gets "injured" all of the sudden?
SteadyFreddy

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by SteadyFreddy »

What should end up being a 4-1 roadtrip is going to end up at 2-3 which is just inexcusable.
skinnyhorse

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by skinnyhorse »

Guarantee you Hurdle won't be fired and he knows it. The guy is approaching McClendon territory. He absolutely is to blame for this teams failure last year and this, sticking with Cutch and a guy like Watson is Malfeasance. Past time to fire him just can't understand anyone this incompetent.

Bobster21

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by Bobster21 »

6F68796A7928251C0 wrote: Wow.

Good job, Watson.

The fastball was working. But left a change up down the middle. Tie game. Unreal.

Yeah .. keep him at closer and save Rivero for the 7th or 8th. Not how the game works dog. I would suggest Hurdle does what around 30 out of the other 32 managers do... your best BP man is your closer.
Regardless of whether Rivero should close, he was not used and was available to pitch the 9th. There was no reason not to use him. Hurdle's idiocy is staggering. It has become increasingly apparent that Hurdle is totally incompetent.
Tintin

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by Tintin »

694B58454643444B685F4949452A0 wrote: Honestly I don't understand this logic.

Watson is throwing BP these days and everyone knows it.

Watson gives up home runs EVERY TIME OUT.

We should have had two wins in Baltimore.

We'll leave town with ZERO wins.

Last night up 4-1 in the 7th.

Tonight up 6-1 in the 8th.

Unreal.

If the logic is: I don't want my best reliever restricted by the inning he pitches, I just want him in the highest leverage situation, I don't want to wait until the ninth to use him.....why do you not bring Rivera after Barbito put men on second and third with no outs.  Let Rivera lock this one down. 

I get the not wanting Rivero to be the ninth inning guy, but this screamed high leverage.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

41595B5C5C4B5A5D404157320 wrote: Guarantee you Hurdle won't be fired and he knows it.  The guy is approaching McClendon territory.  He absolutely is to blame for this teams failure last year and this, sticking with Cutch and a guy like Watson is Malfeasance.  Past time to fire him just can't understand anyone this incompetent.

Of course Hurdle won't get fired. He has had more success than failure with the Pirates.