7/26-Bucs vs Mets

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by dmetz »

Next inning.  Glasnow induces another groundball. JHay leasurly fields it taking two steps to his left.

Josh Bell broke at the ball like a knucklehead and Glasnow completes the no longer routine play at 1st.   

Know where your 2nd basemen is, Bell.  Have you not played 1b long enough to be able to check on your 2bman?    Stop turning routine plays into adventures and making your pitchers make the plays at 1st. Bell has no feel for 1b at all.
Bobster21

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by Bobster21 »

6C656D7C72080 wrote: Induces another soft groundballs to Freese who forgets that there's two outs a and the runner on 2nd is running on the pitch. 

Takes two steps towards third before he realizes he's not going to beat the runner to the bag, proceeds to try to sidearm the ball to first.  Throw is offline and late.   Mets score. 

This isn't legion ball, this is the majors.
This is a Clint Hurdle team. Fundamentals are not required.
dmetz

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by dmetz »

Keeping with the defense theme, cervelli makes a perfect throw from his knees to nail Nimmo. Benny Santiago made that famous, Cervelli did it perfectly.
skinnyhorse

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by skinnyhorse »

Really, really, ugly game, looks sooooooooo familiar.
SteadyFreddy

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This one isn’t looking good tonight down 3 runs going into the 7th inning. Not the way you wanted to start this series out against a team you MUST beat at home. A loss tonight gives the Pirates no margin of error the rest of this weekend you better win the next 3 games in this series.
INbuc

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by INbuc »

676E667779030 wrote: Next inning.  Glasnow induces another groundball. JHay leasurly fields it taking two steps to his left.

Josh Bell broke at the ball like a knucklehead and Glasnow completes the no longer routine play at 1st.   

Know where your 2nd basemen is, Bell.  Have you not played 1b long enough to be able to check on your 2bman?    Stop turning routine plays into adventures and making your pitchers make the plays at 1st.  Bell has no feel for 1b at all. 

That is something Bell is quite consistent at....going too far to his left on groundballs between first and second. We need that soccer ref from the world cup to spray a line of paint so Bell won't cross it.
SteadyFreddy

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Mets up 10-4 now. This is why I’m hesitant to get too excited with this Pirates team because they come home and immediately do this against one of the worst teams in baseball after looking so dominant the past 2 weeks. I just simply don’t trust this team they have given me no reason to.
SteadyFreddy

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates have to get both Dickerson and Marte or at least one of them back in the lineup the next few games. I have a hard time seeing the Pirates winning 3 games this series with both Luplow and Rodriguez in the lineup. They will be lucky to get a split at this point.
Bobster21

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by Bobster21 »

The main problem with the Pirates is the reluctance for any move that doesn't fall in line with reducing what is already one of MLB's lowest payrolls. Fans propose transactions that seem very reasonable and probably would be completed by many teams. But Pirate fans know that reasonable moves will not be made unless they will have little or no effect on payroll other than to reduce it. Sadly, I honestly believe TBMTIB would prefer a collapse in the week prior to the TDL to avoid the scenario in which additions to the roster/payroll would be reasonable.
CarolinaBucco

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This disaster of a game presents a couple of problems ...

* Suddenly, even after an 11-game win streak, tomorrow night's game basically becomes a MUST win ... with deGrom waiting on Saturday night. Needless to say, we CANNOT lose 3 straight at home to the lowly Muts (but I'm starting to get a Baaaaad feeling about it). GOT to win tomorrow.

* And if we lose tomorrow we are staring square in the eye at a 4-game losing streak, and that will basically cancel out the 11-game win streak (at least in Neal's eyes, for sure) and the fire sale will begin.