Pirates@Reds 3/31 Game Thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

If he pitches like the second half of last year he's obviously our best pitcher. It's just that everyone assumes he can't do it again.

Hope they're wrong.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Something tells me Vasquez won't be available tomorrow. :/
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

He'll be available. No game on Tuesday.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Always get to get that 1st win of the year under your belt. Hopefully we get a good performance tomorrow from Archer in the opener and a good overall 6 game homestand with both the Cardinals and Reds.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nice game! I love watching Williams pitch. FB tops out at 91-92 but he's always in command. Gets ahead of hitters and lets them get themselves out on well placed pitches when the batter is behind. And Williams led the offense with 2 RBIs! Bell had a couple nice plays at 1B plus an RBI single. 2 hits apiece for Frazier and Cabrera. 2 perfect innings from Musgrove when Hurdle wanted to give him some work after he missed out on his scheduled start today. PH single by Moran. Very solid performance all the way around. :)
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Is Vazquez hurt? Why did he not finish the game?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

60686B5C4A6F4847290 wrote: Is Vazquez hurt? Why did he not finish the game?
He obviously wasn't needed. Musgrove was getting some work after missing his start. Then Vazquez was given some work since he hadn't pitched since ST ended. Vazquez was lifted after 25 pitches, so it looks like he was being given some work but wasn't going to be allowed to throw too many pitches in case he's needed tomorrow.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Williams had no trouble with that reds lineup. Not many starters pitched past the sixth inning opening weekend, and had they pulled taillon on Thursday after six they would probably be 2-0.

Really hoping archer gives them another good start tomorrow. The cubs staff looks a disaster, that was their major flaw last year, so that’s a good sign to me.
BenM

Post by BenM »

686C64534555604748260 wrote: Is it nuts to think Williams might win a Cy Young at some point? His stuff is so "normal" looking, but he just somehow mows through lineups.

Someone on MLB.TV (I don't remember who.) predicted he would win it this year.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4E6962410C0 wrote: Is it nuts to think Williams might win a Cy Young at some point? His stuff is so "normal" looking, but he just somehow mows through lineups.

Someone on MLB.TV (I don't remember who.) predicted he would win it this year.
It was Bill Ripken.