Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

So tired of enduring Marte and Polanco. How long till free agency....
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

Cervelli flies out right at the CF wall both ABs.
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

Wow, another misplayed call in RF results in a triple. I can not tell for certain from my vantage point, but this misplay is particularly significant because Polanco had the Ball measured at the wall and then gave up the wall to play the ball off the wall. The ball then bounces over Polanco and Marte plays the Ball.

Am I wrong: Polanco should have caught the ball?
Ecbucs

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

Post by Ecbucs »

I just don't get how Polanco is such a bad defensive player.

Are a lot of reports on minor league defense just talking about how someone has tools to become good?

It seems like players such as Reggie Jackson and Darryl Strawberry got worse in the majors but perhaps they just had speed and good arms and it was assumed they would be good outfielders.
Bobster21

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

Post by Bobster21 »

And once again Polanco makes a bad decision to go to the wall on an uncatchable ball and then has to chase the bounce back into the OF grass so that the hitter gets an extra base. A's now have 2 triples tonight and both are gifts from Polanco, our grossly incompetent outfielder. And this has nothing to do with his weakened shoulder. He just doesn't know how to play the OF and never did. But I guess it's worth it if he can maintain his .253 career batting average and he once hit 23 HRs.  ::)
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: And once again Polanco makes a bad decision to go to the wall on an uncatchable ball and then has to chase the bounce back into the OF grass so that the hitter gets an extra base. A's now have 2 triples tonight and both are gifts from Polanco, our grossly incompetent outfielder. And this has nothing to do with his weakened shoulder. He just doesn't know how to play the OF and never did. But I guess it's worth it if he can maintain his .253 career batting average and he once hit 23 HRs.  ::)

Most disappointing OF in baseball. Year after year.
Bobster21

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

Post by Bobster21 »

Hurdle going for broke in the 6th. Makes sense because of the rain.
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

Jung Ho bases loaded. 1 out.

Come on Jung Ho!!
gileszee

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

Post by gileszee »

Jung Ho...your time has come to go back to Korea.
gileszee

Pirates vs Athletics 5/4

Post by gileszee »

And we dont score....great.