I'm predicting a lost season .......

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

133534233525560 wrote: It's a dangerous game to put timelines on mother nature.

This will be over when it's over. I live in New York just out of the city, and we are not close to having games in the Bronx or Queens.

They certainly won't start the season until all areas are able to host games.  It may be OK in Milwaukee...or it may not be...but if it's still kicking ass in the larger metros, there won't be games.

I agree with these quotes.  If we rush to get back to normal there is a chance that virus could re-emerge and we will have to start over to contain it. 

I am in a pretty rural area (but only 35 miles from AA size city) with just 2 cases in the county so far.  But very few have been tested here although that is starting to change.

update one of the two died today. First death in Alabama.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Years ago, much of the comment on the former Only Bucs site involved 'political' issues, particularly the invasion of Iraq. The current policy is to avoid 'political' discussions. It appears that a few of the comments in this thread are injecting politics into their posts.

Well --- COVID-19 is not really a political issue, it is a Virus. A Virus that has the potential of claiming 2,000,000 US lives. While our President talks about filling up the Churches by Easter, nurses, doctors, EMT's, are out risking their lives every moment because they are delivering health care (or at least what will soon pass for health care when they are forced to decide who lives and who dies) with no protective devices.

Our President ---

It's a Democratic Hoax! (Tell that to Rand Paul).

It's the Chinese Virus! (A Country that has now stopped the virus in its epicenter by employing strict and effective measures and by offering real health care and protection for those who deliver health care).

I have a feeling that this will be a game changer (referring to a drug that may help relieve some symptons but that is not a cure (a vaccine).

Pelosi loading up the legislation, as Republicans ensure that Cruise Ship lines that are not registered in the U.S. will receive more taxpayer money than 10 times the annual budget of the State of Maine and mining companies don't have to pay for the plight of those suffering from black lung disease.

A true leader recognizes that they do not have innate knowledge on all issues and actually listen and then constructively act on the advice of professionals who are more knowledgeable.

I too like optimism and hope (hell I'm still a Pirate fan), but listening to Trump right now is like listening to NH, Hurdle and Nutting. It is all spin meant to benefit him and his family.

The trajectory rate for the virus in the U.S. is now outpacing Italy's. Italy has now dropped the age of those 'commoners' (because the rich always get services) who will receive a ventilator to 60. If you don't have a ventilator you cannot breath. If you cannot breath, you suffer a tragic and painful death.

There are less than 300 ventilators in Maine. The total number of future cases in Maine could reach 40% - 60% of the population; let's call it 500,000 folks (going low). If only 2% of the folks need a ventilator (a very low estimate) that is 10,000 folks. You do the math; worse odds than the Pirates had entering the 2020 season to win the series.

If our President doesn't soon step forward and do what is necessary and right, the only 5 letter words that anyone will need to know are COVID and Death. I usually look forward to April, but this year, I fear that tomorrow could be the end of the calendar for far too many Americans.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

133F37303B1C2B3D2D5E0 wrote: Years ago, much of the comment on the former Only Bucs site involved 'political' issues, particularly the invasion of Iraq.  The current policy is to avoid 'political' discussions.  It appears that a few of the comments in this thread are injecting politics into their posts.

Well --- COVID-19 is not really a political issue, it is a Virus.  A Virus that has the potential of claiming 2,000,000 US lives.  While our President talks about filling up the Churches by Easter, nurses, doctors, EMT's, are out risking their lives every moment because they are delivering health care (or at least what will soon pass for health care when they are forced to decide who lives and who dies) with no protective devices.

Our President ---

It's a Democratic Hoax! (Tell that to Rand Paul).

It's the Chinese Virus! (A Country that has now stopped the virus in its epicenter by employing strict and effective measures and by offering real health care and protection for those who deliver health care).

I have a feeling that this will be a game changer (referring to a drug that may help relieve some symptons but that is not a cure (a vaccine).

Pelosi loading up the legislation, as Republicans ensure that Cruise Ship lines that are not registered in the U.S. will receive more taxpayer money than 10 times the annual budget of the State of Maine and mining companies don't have to pay for the plight of those suffering from black lung disease.

A true leader recognizes that they do not have innate knowledge on all issues and actually listen and then constructively act on the advice of professionals who are more knowledgeable.   

I too like optimism and hope (hell I'm still a Pirate fan), but listening to Trump right now is like listening to NH, Hurdle and Nutting.  It is all spin meant to benefit him and his family.

The trajectory rate for the virus in the U.S. is now outpacing Italy's.  Italy has now dropped the age of those 'commoners' (because the rich always get services) who will receive a ventilator to 60.  If you don't have a ventilator you cannot breath.  If you cannot breath, you suffer a tragic and painful death.   

There are less than 300 ventilators in Maine.  The total number of future cases in Maine could reach 40% - 60% of the population; let's call it 500,000 folks (going low).  If only 2% of the folks need a ventilator (a very low estimate) that is 10,000 folks.   You do the math; worse odds than the Pirates had entering the 2020 season to win the series.   

If our President doesn't soon step forward and do what is necessary and right, the only 5 letter words that anyone will need to know are COVID and Death.  I usually look forward to April, but this year, I fear that tomorrow could be the end of the calendar for far too many Americans.
The Off Topic forum would be the place for political comments. Let's not put that on this Pirates forum. It only invites counter opinions and it will get out of hand. And for the sake of accuracy, I saw Trump's "hoax" comment. It was in response to a question about the Democrats already blaming him for the spread in this country when there was only the first sign of a handful of cases on the west coast. He said that was a hoax, meaning he was not to blame. He never said the virus was a hoax. Feel free to take these issues to the Off Topic forum.
pghpaulatl

Post by pghpaulatl »

Thank you Bobster I was just about to weigh in on Mainer but you correctly replied to a part of his post.

We all have cabin fever due to the restrictions of this pandemic however we don't need to be political here.

I come here to talk bucco baseball and have for many years, rarely post but always read so let's all keep it about Bucco baseball.
JulianJay

Post by JulianJay »

ok boomers ...I'll get off your lawn...lol...I'm 75...how about banning all political commentary and please include the NUTTING comments too please...they're just as useless
PMike

Post by PMike »

59667F7A727D59726A130 wrote: ok boomers ...I'll get off your lawn...lol...I'm 75...how about banning all political commentary and please include the NUTTING comments too please...they're just as useless

Agreed! And I'm a Xennial!
shedman

Post by shedman »

063920252D22062D354C0 wrote: ok boomers ...I'll get off your lawn...lol...I'm 75...how about banning all political commentary and please include the NUTTING comments too please...they're just as useless
_______

If we are going to ban all of the Nutting comments, we should also ban all the "kick the can down the road" comments as well, as they are really useless.
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

4F545958515D523C0 wrote: ok boomers ...I'll get off your lawn...lol...I'm 75...how about banning all political commentary and please include the NUTTING comments too please...they're just as useless
_______

If we are going to ban all of the Nutting comments, we should also ban all the "kick the can down the road" comments as well, as they are really useless.
if we are going to eliminate all the Nutting and "kick the can"

comments,what else is there?
shedman

Post by shedman »

6F51545C4F57575C7C594E5D380 wrote: ok boomers ...I'll get off your lawn...lol...I'm 75...how about banning all political commentary and please include the NUTTING comments too please...they're just as useless
_______

______

I guess we could talk about why Greenweenie isn't here yet?
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

29323F3E373B345A0 wrote: ok boomers ...I'll get off your lawn...lol...I'm 75...how about banning all political commentary and please include the NUTTING comments too please...they're just as useless
_______

______

I guess we could talk about why Greenweenie isn't here yet?

The poor man is choking on those sour grapes!!