Todd Frazier DFA'd

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Todd Frazier DFA'd

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

643224303F25353E332416313B373F3A7835560 wrote: To make room for Gamel.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/05/ ... nment.html

It's too bad he didn't work out here.  The idea behind bringing him in was a good one.  He just didn't do his part.
Who's on first?
PMike

Todd Frazier DFA'd

Post by PMike »

T4C796E6E655C6E6E65626E0B0 wrote: To make room for Gamel.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/05/ ... nment.html

Warning:  Humor in Questionable Taste:

Howard Cosell here.  "Down goes Frazier.  Down goes Frazier!" 

Sorry.

Will probably have to answer for this someday.
I saw a headline today that said, "Pirates DFA slumping Todd Frazier." But a slump implies a drop in production. Frazier began the season 0 for 14 and then 1 for 31. So there was never a drop in production. There was simply an absence of production. [highlight]Ironically, he was 2 for 4 in his final game so, if anything, he was DFA'd when he finally started to hit.[/highlight]

That's the reason right there.  We're not exactly going for the playoffs this year. 

Those hits (I believe) were both jammed shots that went where no one was in the infield. They were not line drive hits to the outfield.
Ecbucs

Todd Frazier DFA'd

Post by Ecbucs »

I doubt if it was even a minor factor but his twitter war with Madden and Dejan was not setting a good example for younger players. Maybe he is not as much a positive influence on younger players as we thought.
Surgnbuck

Todd Frazier DFA'd

Post by Surgnbuck »

634544534555260 wrote: I doubt if it was even a minor factor but his twitter war with Madden and Dejan was not setting a good example for younger players.  Maybe he is not as much a positive influence on younger players as we thought.
We were the only team that gave him any sort of chance prior to this season, and he initially opted out, before changing his mind.

I felt he was goldbricking a back injury after having some success in ST as he was starting to get exposed as the rosters were getting trimmed, and he wasn't facing pitchers heading to A ball all the time. I think he did that thinking he made the team. He already showed a me first attitude. Just my opinion.

Not every veteran lends some sort of mythical, magical presence.
Bobster21

Todd Frazier DFA'd

Post by Bobster21 »

The Feliz issue is interesting. He was DFA'd to make room on the 40 for Gamel. So his spot on the 26 was filled by recalling Hartlieb. Then Frazier was DFA'd to add Gamel to the 26. Feliz had actually pitched well so far, which was surprising. I was never a fan of his since he usually pitched poorly.

But these moves suggest that, even tho Feliz was finally pitching well, he was considered more expendable than the other 39 on the 40. I guess Feliz had failed too many times in the past for his recent success to go to anyone's head. And of all 40 on that roster he was deemed of the least value moving forward. After Alford, Fowler, Frazier and Feliz, Cherington looks to be far more aggressive in his personnel decisions that Huntington. Of course these are still all minor moves involving fringe players. But hopefully when he focuses primarily on the MLB roster, he will be equally aggressive in adding the missing parts at least to the extent Nutting will allow.
GreenWeenie

Todd Frazier DFA'd

Post by GreenWeenie »

795F584D44485F49412A0 wrote: I doubt if it was even a minor factor but his twitter war with Madden and Dejan was not setting a good example for younger players.  Maybe he is not as much a positive influence on younger players as we thought.
We were the only team that gave him any sort of chance prior to this season, and he initially opted out, before changing his mind.

I felt he was goldbricking a back injury after having some success in ST as he was starting to get exposed as the rosters were getting trimmed, and he wasn't facing pitchers heading to A ball all the time. I think he did that thinking he made the team. He already showed a me first attitude. Just my opinion.

Not every veteran lends some sort of mythical, magical presence. 

Jeromy Burnitz, Sean Casey, Justin Morneau, Todd Frazier, and so forth.